Business Analyst / IT Application Support
We are the world’s largest independent energy and commodities trading company. Every day we use our expertise and logistical networks to distribute energy around the world, efficiently and responsibly. From 40 offices worldwide, we seek to add value across the energy supply chain, including deploying our scale and market understanding to help facilitate the energy transition. To date, we have committed over $2.2 billion of capital to renewable projects, and are identifying and developing low-carbon opportunities around the world.
Our people are our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which individuals can reach their full potential, unhindered by hierarchy. Our team comprises more than 65 nationalities and we are committed to developing and sustaining a diverse work force. Learn more about us here.
The main tasks will be:
- Provide in-house CTRM support to worldwide users during their day to day tasks (including pricing, exposure, pnl, VaR, invoicing matters and more), escalate supports when required to development team and ensure following-up with them. Ownership required on each support to provide best service.
- Understand and challenge CTRM’s enhancement requests from users, in order to liaise with development team.
- Train new comers, as well as current users when required, on any part of the CTRM and/or other in-house applications.
- Operation and problems solving of business applications including jobs monitoring, interfaces and servers in close collaboration with DBA, network, infrastructure and development teams.
- Must have: working experience of 4 years in the field of IT software applications in the commodities trading business with involvement into business applications change management and day-to-day operation and support.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and technical skills (SQL, Oracle DB, basic programming) as well as a good perception of user needs and business processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Proactive and customer focused “make it work” mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt