Mid-Level - Front Office Developer (Python/React)
We are the world’s largest independent energy and commodities trading company. Every day we use our expertise and logistical networks to distribute energy around the world, efficiently and responsibly. From 40 offices worldwide, we seek to add value across the energy supply chain, including deploying our scale and market understanding to help facilitate the energy transition. To date, we have committed over $1 billion of capital to renewable projects, and are identifying and developing low-carbon opportunities around the world.
Our people are our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which individuals can reach their full potential, unhindered by hierarchy. Our team comprises more than 65 nationalities and we are committed to developing and sustaining a diverse work force. Learn more about us here.
As a talented Python/React developer, you will work directly with the business – doing both analytics, and developing applications that drive commercial decisions of the firm. You will help us continue expanding our global analytics platform, fuelled by the rich data generated by our inhouse end-to-end trading system as well as external datasets. We are growing rapidly and are looking for exceptional candidates to help us deliver on our mission. This role will have the opportunity to interface directly with the business, ranging from tank operators to top management to drive our requirements and deliver a wide range of capabilities.
As a member of the analytics team, located in Singapore, you will:
- Work with our business sponsors to drive out requirements and develop brand new products that have direct impact on the commercial decisions of the firm
- Work with the global team to develop & support a variety of internal applications and data streams
- Please note: this role is highly embedded into the trading floor, and thus will involve some support responsibilities related to price feeds and CTRM
- Previous experience at an investment bank, hedge fund or a commodity trading firm
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science, or an equivalent field
- 3+ years of enterprise-level coding experience in Python
- 2+ years of enterprise-level coding experience in React (TypeScript)
What you need to bring
- Proficient understanding of peer-reviewing, code versioning, and bug/issue tracking tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to drive interactions with project stakeholders
- Proactive and user-focused, with a can-do attitude and a genuine interest in the functional as well as technical aspects of each challenge encountered
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Excellent English oral and written skills
Qualifications that will help you stand out
- Enterprise-level coding experience in C#
- Oracle / PL SQL development experience including stored procedures
- Passion and appreciation for UI/UX
- Personal projects on GitHub/Bitbucket