Senior .NET/React Developer
We are the world’s largest independent energy and commodities trading company. Every day we use our expertise and logistical networks to distribute energy around the world, efficiently and responsibly. From 40 offices worldwide, we seek to add value across the energy supply chain, including deploying our scale and market understanding to help facilitate the energy transition. To date, we have committed over $2.2 billion of capital to renewable projects, and are identifying and developing low-carbon opportunities around the world.
Our people are our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which individuals can reach their full potential, unhindered by hierarchy. Our team comprises more than 65 nationalities and we are committed to developing and sustaining a diverse work force. Learn more about us here.
Are you a passionate, entrepreneurially minded full stack developer who wants to build the analytical systems that orchestrate global energy flows? Do you thrive in a flat hierarchy, team-oriented environment that values ideas and individual contributions? Then we are looking for you to join us at Vitol!
As a talented full stack developer, you will help us continue expanding our global analytics platform, fuelled by the rich data generated by our inhouse end-to-end trading system as well as external datasets. We are growing rapidly and are looking for exceptional candidates to help us deliver on our mission. This role will have the opportunity to interface directly with the business, ranging from tank operators to top management to drive our requirements and deliver a wide range of capabilities.
As a member of the analytics team, located in London you will:
• Build exciting new analytics platforms for our brokers, analysts, researchers and data scientists
• Be part of a global development team
• Turn user feedback into actionable design improvements and bug fixes
• Implement clean, well-documented, tested, and extensible code to satisfy business requirements
• Provide business applications support and training to users on day to day issues
• 8+ years of experience working with C# and related .NET technologies within global enterprise solutions
• 2+ years recent experience with React.js - thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
• Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
• Experience working in an agile scrum development model
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to drive interactions with project stakeholders
• Proactive and user-focused, with a can-do attitude and a genuine interest in the functional as well as technical aspects of each challenge encountered
• Drives software development best practices
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
• Excellent English oral and written skills
Qualifications that will help you stand out
• Experience with RDBMS and SQL (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
• Experience in GraphQL or gRPC is a plus
• Experience in Reactive Extensions (RX) preferred
• Previous experience in the commodities and/or trading industry
• University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science, MIS, or an equivalent field
- Team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to work in a high pressure on-call environment with changing priorities
- Proactive and customer focused “make it work” mentality
- Highly responsive, energetic and enthusiastic
- Resourceful and able to think creatively and adapt