Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades over 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16m m3 of storage globally, 500k bpd of refining capacity, 7,000+ service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2021 were $279 billion.
We are looking for an experienced career corporate paralegal with strong secretarial skills. The paralegal will be mainly responsible for the corporate governance of Vitol Group entities established in Singapore and the Asia Pacific regions.
- Managing a portfolio of companies
- Full spectrum of corporate secretarial duties including companies' incorporation, preparation of director's/ shareholders' resolutions, ensuring compliance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements, etc
- Maintaining the corporate database and filing of corporate records, including but not limited to board resolutions, shareholder resolutions, board of director changes, annual reports, past and present directors and officers, etc
- Preparing KYC packs in response to counterparty due-diligence
- Contacting notaries and embassies in order to arrange for notarisation/ legalisation of documents
- Providing administrative support for documents and activities related to corporate restructurings such as mergers, formations and dissolutions
- Working with other members of the global corporate and legal teams on special projects and initiatives
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working in a law firm or company corporate department with experience in company law and familiar with handling ACRA matters
- Capable of prioritising and managing own workload
- Able to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Well organised and an eye for detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- Able to liaise with people across all levels of seniority