Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum; from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 8 million barrels per day of crude oil and products and, at any time, has 250 ships transporting its cargoes.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial companies and utilities. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage globally, 480kbpd of refining capacity, 7,000 service stations and a growing portfolio of transitional and renewable energy assets. Revenues in 2019 were $225 billion.
For more information: www.vitol.com
Please note this is an entry level position and only successful candidates will be notified.
The Trading Analyst is expected to:
- manage the trade capture system including monitoring of costs to ensure accuracy of P&L and exposure;
- demonstrate good understanding of trading strategies and cost management
- basic understanding of operational events / costs type and the consequential impact on trading pnl / excposure
- contributing role in risk management on corporate level – by ensuring that audit / risk measures in place are complied with
- time permitting, hands on experience on back office / operational matters
- University degree
- Proficient in all MS Office applications (i.e. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong computer skills including ability to research transactions and prepare
- Creativity and problem solving.
- Analytical mindset.
- Results oriented and demonstrably commercial.
- Incisive and accurate judgment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills.
- Global outlook. Able to work across organizational and cultural boundaries.
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity.
- Energetic, resilient and resourceful, with an ability to work accurately under pressure.
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position
Vitol Asia is committed to providing equal opportunities to all staff. Globally, Vitol seeks to conduct its business in accordance with the UN Global Compact’s ten principles, including those on human rights, one of which is to “Ensure a diverse and inclusive work place, where possible, free from discrimination regardless of age, gender, race, cultural heritage, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or disability.”