CLIENT SIDE - SECONDMENT - Senior Project Manager
- North York, Toronto, ON, Canada
We’re bold, creative, pushing boundaries, sparking innovation and creating the extraordinary on the daily. Still living the dream that brought a couple of university grads together in 1972. It’s that entrepreneurial spirit, that passion that drives us to find new paths for some of the most recognized brands in the world. We are an eclectic collective with multifaceted expertise, who act locally for global impact. We take risks. We empower. We go beyond.
your vibe attracts your tribe.
Being unique is something to be celebrated. We embrace differences. They allow us to challenge and learn from each other. The extraordinary comes from different experiences, different lives. It brings us closer. We speak 37 languages, have over 360 tattoos, compete in sports and give back to the community. All of this makes us one big team—and we like it that way.
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to work Client Side (Secondment), acting as a resource responsible for the execution of all campaign merchandise elements at our client’s North York office location.
This is a true hybrid role as it will collaborate with the cross-functional client teams (Marketing, Merchandise, Legal & Menu) from start to finish of each campaign, ensuring the execution stays on plan and budget; whilst acting as an extension of the Agency Delivery team by facilitating the development, feedback & approval process from the client.
Your key role:
- Partner with the Agency Project Manager and the client merchandise team at a high level and focus on the delivery and execution standpoint once the creative is approved.
- Understand how the Client cross-functional teams operate and navigate all stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of all campaigns.
- Be the go-to tactical lead who’s able to “pull the pieces together”.
- Develop detailed tactical plans and ensure cross-functional resources are in place to deliver.
- Manage cross-functional expectations on an ongoing basis throughout a project’s lifecycle - you are the lynchpin to the project(s)
- Build relationships cross functionally, while navigating a complex and continually evolving environment
- Ensure all key information - client side and agency side - is in all briefs - working to an agile approach - flexing and changing as needed
- Manage all key stakeholders - client side and agency side
- Coordinate creative reviews, feedback & approval directly with key client side stake holders (menu, legal & marketing teams.)
- Ensure the right stakeholders’ complete necessary approvals and communicate progress directly with agency partners.
- Coordinate all product or equipment requirements for photoshoots.
- Manage the project budget and keep trackers updated regularly, providing monthly reconciliations to internal stakeholders.
what you bring to the table.
- 7+ years of project management experience, with Ad agency experience.
- A change agent approach to work - always thinking about better ways of working, both client-side and with agency partners, effectively spearheading changes to process/ optimization
- Understanding of client and agency side.
- Strong understanding of Merchandising Campaigns - process, best practice, challenges and opportunities as well as proven success with managing multiple projects.
- Strong business maturity and diplomacy - able to have effective and oftentimes difficult conversations, equally weighing everyone’s needs in order to problem solve in a way that’s best for the business.
- Ability to manage high-volume of work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Proficiency with MS Project and other tools.
what’s in it for you.
- The chance to work at an innovative, award winning agency.
- We know when to work hard and play hard.
- We work in a space where our creative minds run free.
- We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- You’ll find yourself challenged to go beyond your comfort zone.
- The hours are flexible and you get generous time off during the winter holidays.
- You might hear the occasional barking at the office. Dogs of Cossette are a thing.
things you should know.
- We’re humbled by the number of talented people who apply to work with us every day. And we thank each and every one of you. Truly.
- If you have sent us your book, we have received it.
- We’ll reach out directly to those we’d like to meet for an interview.
- Creating meaningful work means embracing different perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, colour, ability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Not only are these provisions protected by provincial and federal law, embracing difference is what makes Cossette what it is—and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We pride ourselves on our inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any accommodations during the interview process to make it work for you, let us know.