Account Manager (XM)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Citizen Relations. We are an earned-first creative agency, which means we come up with big ideas that actually earn people’s attention. And that starts with not just engaging audiences, but by creating activations and interactions they connect with. Seems simple, but it’s harder than it looks.
We take a human centric approach to events, creating experiences designed to tell a story and engage an action. Our thinking is a strategy-first approach driving creative thinking through analytics and insight. At Citizen, we bring a 360 experiential solution to our clients through a deep understanding of consumer behaviour. And this approach has allowed us to get real results for some of the biggest brands in the world – and win some awards along the way.
As cliché as it sounds, we put our people first. We amplify our team through a culture of openness, personal growth, innovative strategy and tech, and a hunger to do amazing work.
Citizen Relations has over 200 citizens on our team, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec City, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Singapore. Our affiliate network includes 40 cities in North America, and over 60 countries worldwide.
Follow us and learn more @CitizenCanada
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to be part of a growing team driven by a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe a passionate, motivated team is the cornerstone of happy clients and boundless creativity.
Our Toronto office is growing and we’re actively searching for the ideal Account Manager to join our XM team – working on a mix of consumer driven and B-to-B clients including tech, retail, travel and tourism, CPG and government.
First and foremost, an Account Manager is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. You will be instrumental in ensuring the delivery of all client business requirements as well as providing coaching and mentoring to your team. The right Account Manager will be creative, strategic, inquisitive and bold in their thinking.
- Manage a team of Account Coordinators, interns and in-field ambassadors
- Develop and manage project proposals from ideation through to execution
- Manage program budget, operational cost management and reconciliation
- Manage client relationships, provide strategic counsel, and ensure ongoing results
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations to improve and grow the business
- Support New Business Development initiatives including developing proposals and pitches, in conjunction with the Senior Leadership team
- Utilize effective communication techniques and provide balanced feedback
- Proactively identify problems and develop solutions
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with the agency values
- Act as a positive role model and team member to the broader team
- Leading weekly status meetings (internal and with client), ensuring all parties are kept up to date with program developments
- Project planning and management of multiple projects utilising and implementing critical paths and project management documents to ensure smooth delivery to timelines
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize
- In-field event execution/oversight and on-site support as required
- 3-4 years of account/client management and event management experience
- University degree or equivalent – business related preferred
- Experience managing an account team (in-field experience an asset)
- Proven success acting as a role model to junior members of a team
- Proven leadership capabilities within the business and within social circles
- Strong analysis and judgment skills
- Experience with owning client relationships
- Self-motivated with proven success in retaining and growing client portfolios
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Excellent budget development and budget tracking experience
- Experience with organic and non-organic client growth is an asset
- Experience developing strategies and driving business forward in a timely fashion
- Experience responding to complex RFP’s is an asset
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Pro-active and creative thinker with effective ability to "think on your feet"
- Exceptional organisational, work prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Ability to support in-field programs where physical activity may be required (i.e. setting up promotional material)
True teammate – Who understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit
Strong technology skills - Capable of using all relevant technologies such as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google suite and ability to work in a digital work environment. Understanding of content marketing and social media
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page here: https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/vision7international in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.