- Vancouver, Canada
We are Citizen Relations. We are an earned-first agency, which means we come up with big ideas that actually earn people’s attention. And that starts with not just talking to audiences, but by doing something they connect with.
Our POV is simple. Consumers of all kinds have evolved. You have to find common ground between people and your company and what you stand for. When you do it right, you earn their attention and actions and a changed perspective, behaviour or attitude. And this approach has worked, allowing us to get results for some of the biggest brands in the world - and win some awards along the way.
Our Vancouver office is growing and we’re actively searching for the ideal Account Manager to join our team – working on a mix of clients. First and foremost, an Account Manager is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. The candidate must display an in-depth understanding of consumer and brand communications, media relations and engaging digital Canadians.
The successful Account Manager will know what creates a great story, what resonates with media from a story perspective and how to help craft these ideas.
As part of this role, you will:
- Work to nurture strong client partnerships.
- Write and edit strategic communications plans and materials.
- Prioritize multiple demands in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Maintain an understanding of the evolving news & media landscape (traditional and online)
- Hold strong media and influencer relationships.
- Manage budgets and resourcing across multiple programs.
- Be able to develop and present effective communications plans to clients and articulate creative ideas.
- Quality control - pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing communications, business or similar background
- 4+ years of directly related experience working ideally in an agency environment or a directly related client side role
- A strong understanding and interest in digital marketing and influencer relations
- Strong understanding of consumer goods, retail marketing, and brand strategy
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment and exceptional organizational skills
- Understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
- Team player who has a generous and respectful spirit and will be a contributor to a great team culture
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach
- Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business.
We put our people first. We amplify our team through a culture of openness, personal growth, innovative strategy and tech, and a hunger to do amazing work.
Citizen Relations has over 200 citizens on our team, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec City, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Singapore. Our affiliate network includes 40 cities in North America, and over 60 countries worldwide.
Follow us to learn more @CitizenCanada
Please apply for career opportunities @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.