- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Citizen Relations. We’re an earned-first creative agency, which means we come up with big ideas that actually earn people’s attention. And that starts with knowing our audiences inside and out, and also doing something they connect with. Seems straightforward, but it’s harder than it looks.
Our POV is simple. Consumers of all kinds have evolved. No longer can you just shove your message down their throat. We’re in the business of conversation aimed at a change in behaviour and attitude or a shift reputation or causing an action or a transaction.
When it's done right, it allows us to get results for some of the biggest brands in the world - and win some awards along the way.
As a Director at Citizen Relations you are an important member of the senior team. You are responsible for fully owning your client base, ensuring that campaigns are running smoothly and that your teams are challenged and motivated. You write, present concepts, and develop strategies to best suit your client needs and market trends. As a client leader, you’re responsive and flexible and willing to step in and support your teams whenever needed. We are entrepreneurial and brave so are looking for individuals that want to develop innovative work that gets noticed, meaning you can establish trust with your clients so they are comfortable taking a risk with us!
Citizen’s values are paramount -- Do the Right Thing, Strive for Excellence and Respect Everyone -- so you’re aligned with them and ensure you distill these for your teams and conduct yourself accordingly.
Other client and operational responsibilities include:
- Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients
- Serve as quality control and ensure only the highest quality work is delivered to clients
- Ability to translate business needs into communications actions
- Responsible for budgets and is proactive to ensure account profitability
- Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
- Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time, be flexible, respond and adapt to changing client demands.
- Superior client relationship management skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of the agency’s financial model through client management and staff utilization
- Contribute to annual business planning (accountable to portfolio plan) multiple teams and budgets
- Demonstrate ability to lead others and remains calm under pressure; perform regular management and coaching of staff
- Participate in new business development by increasing business with existing clients, networking and identifying prospects, and contributing to RFPs and pitches
- 7 plus years of PR experience, agency experience preferred
- Previous senior management experience where you were responsible for independently managing a client and a team
- Degree or Diploma in communications or public relations
- Strong mentor and coach with previous people management experience
- A strong business acumen and comfortable dealing with analytics and financial control
- A collaborative leader who is innovative and entrepreneurial
- Demonstrated results in public relations work, client service and account leadership.
- Stellar writing and editing skills required.
- Passion for both traditional and digital communications.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent at thinking on your feet.
- Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills.
As cliche as it sounds, we put our people first. We amplify our team through a culture of openness, personal growth, innovative strategy and tech, and a hunger to do amazing work.
Citizen Relations has over 200 citizens on our team, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec City, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Singapore. Our affiliate network includes 40 cities in North America, and over 60 countries worldwide.
Follow us to learn more @CitizenCanada
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.