Media Planning Assistant
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We're bold, creative, pushing boundaries, sparking innovation and creating the extraordinary on the daily. Still living the dream that brought a couple of university grads together in 1972. It's that entrepreneurial spirit, that passion that drives us to find new paths for some of the most recognized brands in the world. We are an eclectic collective with multifaceted expertise, who act locally for global impact. We take risks. We empower. We go beyond.
your vibe attracts your tribe.
Being unique is something to be celebrated. We embrace differences. They allow us to challenge and learn from each other. The extraordinary comes from different experiences, different lives. It brings us closer. We speak 37 languages, have over 360 tattoos, compete in sports and give back to the community. All of this makes us one big team—and we like it that way.
We’re on the lookout for someone unique. A person with drive, passion and energy to create something great. As an Assistant Media Planner, you will:
- Work collaboratively across one of our fully integrated accounts with media planners, buyers and advertising vendors.
- Maintain our media library and keep media kit files up to date.
- Build rapport with media vendor representatives and manage agency/client relations with them on an ongoing basis.
- Execute and manage the Request for Proposal + Media Purchase Authorization process.
- Assist with tracking media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance.
- Collaborate with media team members to resolve media billing issues.
- Collect data and assists in writing competitive reports.
- Assist with smaller proposal evaluations and client media plans.
- Research and comment on new and emerging media opportunities within the Canadian media landscape.
- Budget and media cost tracking and analysis.
what you bring to the table.
- A post-secondary degree preferably in a media or marketing-related program.
- Six months to one year of professional experience (media agency preferred) .
- A willingness to continually learn and stay ahead of the new media curve.
- Strong written and verbal presentation abilities.
- Attention to detail required and comfortable dealing with data on a regular basis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and media platforms such as comScore (a major plus).
- A team player attitude and collaborative approach.
what’s in it for you.
- The chance to work at an innovative, award winning agency.
- We know when to work hard and play hard.
- We work in a space where our creative minds run free.
- We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- We have a rooftop patio.
- You’ll find yourself challenged to go beyond your comfort zone.
- The hours are flexible and you get generous time off during the winter holidays.
- You might hear the occasional barking at the office. Dogs of Cossette are a thing.
things you should know.
- We’re humbled by the number of talented people who apply to work with us every day. And we thank each and every one of you. Truly.
- If you have sent us your book, we have received it.
- We’ll reach out directly to those we’d like to meet for an interview.
- Creating meaningful work means embracing different perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, colour, ability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Not only are these provisions protected by provincial and federal law, embracing difference is what makes Cossette what it is—and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We pride ourselves on our inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any accommodations during the interview process to make it work for you, let us know.