Account Executive - 3 month contract
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are Citizen Relations. We are an earned-first creative agency, which means we come up with big ideas that actually earn people’s attention. And that starts with not just talking to audiences, but by doing something they connect with. Seems simple, but it’s harder than it looks.
Our POV is simple. Consumers of all kinds have evolved. You have to find common ground between people and your company and what you stand for. When you do it right, you earn their attention and actions and a changed perspective, behaviour or attitude. And this approach has worked, allowing us to get results for some of the biggest brands in the world - and win some awards along the way.
We’re looking for a high-performing team player that’s looking to kick-start their career in PR & communications. They will have some past experience in media relations and a strong understanding of social media marketing and influencer relations.
You need to be well organized, efficient and adaptable to work with a wide range of clients on everything from media relations, to events to online campaigns. For this role we are looking for someone who can:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the local media landscape (traditional and digital) and ability to identify news angles
- Has a strong interest and experience in engaging people online and has a solid understanding of local influencer sphere
- Provide exceptional results in media relations outreach, delivering strong earned coverage for our clients
- Assist in event coordination such as sourcing venues, briefing and liaising with suppliers and overall strong execution capabilities
- Write compelling and accurate media releases, backgrounders, pitches and online content.
- Assist with developing online content for clients and community management
- Produce accurate and timely client reports and keep clients apprised of activity status at all times
- Be willing to take on new tasks and initiatives and highly self-motivated.
- 1-2 years experience in public relations, social media management and /or event management
- Past experience in an agency setting is highly valued
- A degree in public relations, marketing communications, or similar
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about identifying and influencing trends
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a go-getter
- Team player and generous spirit
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative
As cliche as it sounds, we put our people first. We amplify our team through a culture of openness, personal growth, innovative strategy and tech, and a hunger to do amazing work.
Citizen Relations has over 200 citizens on our team, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec City, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Singapore. Our affiliate network includes 40 cities in North America, and over 60 countries worldwide.
Follow us to learn more @CitizenCanada
Please apply for career opportunities @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.