- Toronto, ON, Canada
At Magnet, our mission is to engineer the future of marketing by enabling smarter, more impactful advertising and marketing decisions.
Magnet is the consulting offering within the Vision 7 family. We combine the strategic breadth of consulting with the deep know-how of leading programmatic experts and marketing practitioners to our clients looking to unlock their data, better understand and utilize their marketing technologies and drive transformation into the Cloud. We also build data products that enable our agency network to help their clients unlock the power of their data and marketing investment.
Many of us hail from an engineering background and the early days of programmatic advertising and technology, where our belief in transparency and integrity helped us stand apart. We have carried that spirit and approach into everything we build and do today, and we’re looking to add an Engineering Manager to our team.
The candidate must have a passion for big data and media. They will be responsible for defining the backend architecture and be part of building exciting new products in conjunction with the director of engineering that is changing the media landscape.
Magnet is rapidly growing and the candidate will need to have experience dealing with ambiguity and managing expectations of their team and media partners.
- Management and monitoring of action plans
- Continuous Improvements
- Experience in leading and scaling data engineering teams
- Strong leader and experienced staff manager in defining a solid vision / roadmap while mentoring and developing your team.
- Management of critical and major incidents
- Crisis management & mentorship
- Knowledge in PHP, Python and comfortable with Open Source backend
Required profile :
- Knowledge of data structures and sense of theoretical and applied architecture
- Minimum 3 years of management of a senior engineering team
- Minimum 5 years in a senior engineer position
- Strong leader and experienced staff manager in defining a solid vision / roadmap while mentoring and developing your team
- Perfectly bilingual English/French
What’s in it for you:
- The chance to work at an innovative consultancy.
- We know when to work hard and play hard.
- We work in a space where our creative minds run free.
- We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- You’ll find yourself challenged to go beyond your comfort zone.
- The hours are flexible and you get generous time off during the winter holidays.
- A dog friendly office.
- We have a rooftop patio with space to breathe.
Please apply @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Magnet Digital is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Magnet Digital is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.