- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are an earned-first agency built to uncover deep insights, smash boundaries and deliver meaningful results. Together we are problem solvers, trailblazers, and peacemakers.
It’s no secret the way we communicate is rapidly changing. It only makes sense what our clients need from their agencies has evolved. It was this realization that sparked the idea for The Colony Project, a full-service communications agency specializing in public relations, experiential activations, social media and digital and influencer engagement. We connect with new audiences in new ways to shift perceptions. It means breaking out of your comfort zone. Being disruptive. This is why the Strategy Awards recently awarded us Gold as the 2018 PR Agency of the Year, following our Silver win in 2017.
Founded by Amanda Shuchat in Toronto in January 2016, Colony has seen unprecedented growth in its three years. From 2016 to present, business has expanded from 3 to more than 25 clients, the team tripled in size and opened a second office in Montreal to service the Quebec market. Today, Colony has two offices - one in Toronto and another in Montreal - with affiliates in Vancouver, Calgary and Halifax to ensure coverage from coast-to-coast.
WE ARE NOW HIRING A DIRECTOR
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to be part of a growing team driven by a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe a passionate, motivated team is the cornerstone of happy clients and boundless creativity.
Our Toronto office is growing and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to join our team.
First and foremost, a Director is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. The candidate must display an in-depth understanding of consumer and brand communications, media relations and engaging digital Canadians. As part of this role, the candidate will:
· Ability to interact with and gain the trust of senior clients
· Serve as quality control and ensure only the highest quality work is delivered to clients
· Ability to translate business needs into communications actions
· Responsible for budgets and is proactive to ensure account profitability
· Provide overall strategic PR counsel to clients.
· Exceptional organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time, be flexible, respond and adapt to changing client demands.
· Superior client relationship management skills
· Demonstrate an understanding of the agency’s financial model through client management and staff utilization
· Contribute to annual business planning (accountable to portfolio plan) multiple teams and budgets
· Demonstrate ability to lead others and remains calm under pressure; perform regular management and coaching of staff
· Participate in new business development by increasing business with existing clients, networking and identifying prospects, and contributing to RFPs and pitches
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· 7 plus years of PR experience, agency experience preferred
· Previous senior management experience where you were responsible for independently managing a client and a team
· Degree or Diploma in communications or public relations
· Strong mentor and coach with previous people management experience
· A strong business acumen and comfortable dealing with analytics and financial control
· A collaborative leader who is innovative and entrepreneurial
· Demonstrated results in public relations work, client service and account leadership.
· Stellar writing and editing skills required.
· Passion for both traditional and digital communications.
· Ability to balance strategic thinking with plan execution.
· Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent at thinking on your feet.
· Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills.
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
The Colony Project is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.