- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re bold, creative, pushing boundaries, sparking innovation and creating the extraordinary on the daily. Still living the dream that brought a couple of university grads together in 1972. It’s that entrepreneurial spirit, that passion that drives us to find new paths for some of the most recognized brands in the world. We are an eclectic collective with multifaceted expertise, who act locally for global impact. We take risks. We empower. We go beyond.
your vibe attracts your tribe.
Being unique is something to be celebrated. We embrace differences. They allow us to challenge and learn from each other. The extraordinary comes from different experiences, different lives. It brings us closer. We speak 37 languages, have over 360 tattoos, compete in sports and give back to the community. All of this makes us one big team—and we like it that way.
The Greenhouse team is on the lookout for someone unique. A person with drive, passion and energy to create something great. Never heard of the Greenhouse? The Greenhouse is a collaboration between Cossette, Cossette Media and the&partnership, formed in part to service TELUS.
As an Art Director, you will:
- Lead and contribute to creative concepting for breakthrough experiences that perfectly match our client’s strategic objectives.
- Inspire and collaborate with you team members to produce ground breaking, thoughtful, relevant work, focusing on innovation and quality.
- Design intelligent and engaging, interactive experiences for a wide range of client types and target platforms.
- Love to hunt for the next great idea, but also be happy rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done!
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints as well as budget and schedule.
- Be a conceptual thinker
- Confidently bring your work to the finished phases including print production and output of digital work
- Oversee and contribute to the production of your designs in all phases and provide direction to designers
- Serve as a key creative voice on your projects though all phases of work including discovery, concepting, pitching and production
- Oversee and guide design interns to help them learn and grow
what you bring to the table.
- 4+ years experience as an Art Director
- Keen eye for detail (required)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (required)
- Strong presentation and communications skills (required)
- Familiarity with all mediums, with a focus on email, social and digital (required)
- A strong portfolio with demonstrated 1:1/CRM/Direct Response experience (preferred)
- HTML experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of print process (preferred)
- Understanding of data/segmentation (preferred)
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and patient under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
what’s in it for you.
- The chance to work at an innovative, award winning agency.
- We know when to work hard and play hard.
- We work in a space where our creative minds run free.
- We have each other’s back, through thick and thin.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- You’ll find yourself challenged to go beyond your comfort zone.
- The hours are flexible and you get generous time off during the winter holidays.
- You might hear the occasional barking at the office. Dogs of Cossette are a thing.
things you should know.
- We’re humbled by the number of talented people who apply to work with us every day. And we thank each and every one of you. Truly.
- If you have sent us your book, we have received it.
- We’ll reach out directly to those we’d like to meet for an interview.
- Creating meaningful work means embracing different perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on age, colour, ability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. Not only are these provisions protected by provincial and federal law, embracing difference is what makes Cossette what it is—and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We pride ourselves on our inclusive and accessible workplace. If you need any accommodations during the interview process to make it work for you, let us know.