Account Manager/Senior Account Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are an earned-first agency built to uncover deep insights, smash boundaries and deliver meaningful results. Together we are problem solvers, trailblazers, and peacemakers.
It’s no secret the way we communicate is rapidly changing. It only makes sense what our clients need from their agencies has evolved. It was this realization that sparked the idea for The Colony Project, a full-service communications agency specializing in public relations, experiential activations, social media and digital and influencer engagement. We connect with new audiences in new ways to shift perceptions. It means breaking out of your comfort zone. Being disruptive. This is why the Strategy Awards recently awarded us Gold as the 2018 PR Agency of the Year, following our Silver win in 2017.
Founded by former sister-agency Citizen Relations Vice President Amanda Shuchat in Toronto in January 2016, Colony has seen unprecedented growth in its three years. From 2016 to present, business has expanded from 3 to more than 25 clients, the team tripled in size and opened a second office in Montreal to service the Quebec market. Today, Colony has two offices - one in Toronto and another in Montreal - with affiliates in Vancouver, Calgary and Halifax to ensure coverage from coast-to-coast.
WE ARE NOW HIRING AN ACCOUNT MANAGER/SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to be part of a growing team driven by a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe a passionate, motivated team is the cornerstone of happy clients and boundless creativity.
Our Toronto office is growing and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to join our team.
First and foremost, an Account Manager/Senior Account Manager is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. The candidate must display an in-depth understanding of consumer and brand communications, media relations and engaging digital Canadians. As part of this role, the candidate will:
· Act at the quarterback across key accounts, driving programs forward, feeding into strategy, managing teams and clients
- Be the day-to-day client lead across program execution, nurturing strong client partnerships alongside senior team members in the agency
- Write and edit strategic communications materials
- Have experience in traditional media relations, influencer engagement and social media; additional integrated marketing experience is a bonus
· Prioritize multiple demands in a deadline-sensitive, fast-paced environment
· Maintain an understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional and online)
· Hold strong media and blogger relationships
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Background – 4 - 7 years of communications experience in agency or corporation. Agency experience preferred
· Strategic thinker – Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business. Can effectively apply what’s 'known' toward measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships
· Strong writer – Capable of delivering effective and creative written products for clients, including media materials, speaking notes and executive blog posts
· Advisor - Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the clients’ businesses, runs effective client meetings and shows a high level of integrity in providing advice and counsel to support teams
· Organized - Strong project management and organization skills
· Entrepreneurial - Go-getter attitude who thrives in a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity for career growth
· Team player – Who understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
· Media relations – Strong understanding of storytelling. Excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills
· Quality control - Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
· Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Strong technology skills - Capable of leveraging all relevant technologies such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Understanding of content marketing and social media
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
The Colony Project is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. We are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.