- Toronto, ON, Canada
we are #oneCossette
Although we are considered part of the Canadian marketing communications agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette was founded on guts, creativity and innovation by a handful of university grads with a dream. It is that entrepreneurial spirit, that passion that drives us to make things that matter for some of the most recognized brands in the world. We are an eclectic collective with multifaceted expertise, who act locally for global impact. We take risks. We empower. We go beyond
PRODUCTION MANAGER, IDENTICA
The Production Manager is responsible for scheduling, producing and delivering error-free printed materials required by our clients. The PM functions as the hub of the Identica team (Art Buying, Retouching, Studio) working closely with Account Services, Program Managers, Creative, and periodically with clients directly. Responsibilities include the timely flow from concept to completion, as well as the ability to provide strategic counsel and technical advice to convergent groups regarding industry practices and innovation.
Reports To: Studio Director
- Drive the Production Process with internal (art directors, writers, account team and studio) team members and external suppliers
- Ensure excellent reproduction by demonstrating a thorough understanding of file preparation for printing, colour management techniques and an in-depth understanding of the printing process
- Purchase, monitor and evaluate external printing services as required; attend press approvals
- Negotiate costs, create complete project estimates – including all internal and external costs, manage/monitor and communicate costs
- Provide and monitor timelines, ensuring accurate information and updates are supplied to the team and deadlines are communicated and met
- Manage the approval process within the guidelines of Identica’s established standard procedures. Ensure Studio team has all the information necessary to complete a job and safeguard the time required by the Studio to complete the work. Sets expectation for turnaround and follows up if there is a delay
- Build relationships with the studio, and Identica’s preferred pre-press suppliers, printers and finishers
- Types of projects include, but are not limited to: Magazine, Newspaper, Outdoor and Transit, Direct Mail, POS, Collateral and Packaging
- 5+ years of previous experience in a busy Advertising/Studio environment or related field
- In-depth print production knowledge of: prepress, retouching, litho, screen and digital printing
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize high volumes of work, and remain calm under pressure
- Proven experience in successfully managing multiple projects, on time and on budget
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and negotiation skills. Capacity to trouble-shoot, solutions oriented
- Clear communicator and able to disseminate information in a calm, confident and firm manner
- Dedicated, responsible, detail oriented, thorough and accurate in your work, with a keen eye for quality control
- Experience in working within a team environment with the ability to follow and drive an established process
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry. We humbly accepted 254 awards in 2018 including the coveted Agency of the Year title for the third year in a row.
- We are serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Our people are the best. We have each other’s backs.
- Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
- You will be challenged to go beyond your comfort zone, to amplify your potential.
- We have flexible hours and fun happens daily… rooftop cocktails anyone?
- Dogs of Cossette are a thing. Yes, you can bring Barkley to the office.
- All of this AND you get a salary, benefits, training, and bottomless cups of cappuccino.
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties?
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.