Account Manager (PR)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Citizen Relations. We are an earned-first creative agency, which means we come up with big ideas that actually earn people’s attention. And that starts with not just talking to audiences, but by doing something they connect with. Seems simple, but it’s harder than it looks.
Our POV is simple. Consumers of all kinds have evolved. No longer can you just shove your message down their throat. You have to find common ground between people and your company and what you stand for. When you do it right, you earn their attention and actions and a changed perspective, behaviour or attitude. And this approach has worked, allowing us to get results for some of the biggest brands in the world - and win some awards along the way.
As cliche as it sounds, we put our people first. We amplify our team through a culture of openness, personal growth, innovative strategy and tech, and a hunger to do amazing work.
Citizen Relations has over 200 citizens on our team, with offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Quebec City, Los Angeles, New York, London, and Singapore. Our affiliate network includes 40 cities in North America, and over 60 countries worldwide.
Follow us to learn more @CitizenCanada
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to be part of a growing team driven by a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe a passionate, motivated team is the cornerstone of happy clients and boundless creativity.
Our Toronto office is growing and we’re actively searching for the ideal PR ACCOUNT MANAGER to join our team.
THE ROLE - Account Manager - Public Relations
First and foremost, an Account Manager is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. The candidate must display an in-depth understanding of the broad Public Relations realm - including consumer and brand communications, media relations and engaging digital Canadians. As part of this role, the candidate will:
- Work with senior team members in the agency to nurture strong client partnerships
- Write and edit strategic communications materials
- Prioritize multiple demands in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Maintain an understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional and online)
- Hold strong media and blogger relationships
- Background – 4-6 years communications experience in agency or corporation. Agency experience preferred
- Strategic thinker – Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business. Can effectively apply what’s 'known' toward measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships
- Strong writer – Capable of delivering effective and creative written products for clients, including media materials, speaking notes and executive blog posts
- Advisor - Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the clients’ businesses, runs effective client meetings and shows a high level of integrity in providing advice and counsel to support teams
- Organized - Strong project management and organization skills
- Team player – Who understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
- Media relations – Strong understanding of storytelling. Excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills
- Quality control - Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
- Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong technology skills - Capable of leveraging all relevant technologies such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Understanding of content marketing and social media
Please visit our career page @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to apply and stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.