Group Account Director
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
we are #oneCossette
Although we are considered part of the Canadian marketing communications agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette was founded on guts, creativity and innovation by a handful of university grads with a dream. It is that entrepreneurial spirit, that passion that drives us to make things that matter for some of the most recognized brands in the world. We are an eclectic collective with multifaceted expertise, who act locally for global impact. We take risks. We empower. We go beyond.
CURRENTLY HIRING A GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
The Group Account Director functions as a member of the agency’s management team(s) and is responsible for developing close relationships with senior management and for proper servicing of the account. You are responsible for overseeing the total resources of the group (agency and partner companies), ensuring that clients receive the most intelligent, creative and comprehensive response possible.
The Group Account Director bears final responsibility for the agency’s recommendations and performance (both financially and professionally) and, together with the Creative Director, is responsible for its creative product. You will provide strong leadership and management to his/her team while ensuring that positive working relationships are being developed at other levels within the group and other disciplines.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- The Group Account Director is responsible for the organization and development of the account. He/she keeps the Group VP advised on a continuing basis of major projects or changes in strategic direction of his/her business.
- He/she is well informed on all aspects of his clients’ activities enabling (internal or external) or client dissatisfaction, and with the Account Director, takes steps to remedy any issues or problems.
- Responsible for the profit contributions of the account and is alert to opportunities to build additional business from the client.
- Responsible for the negotiation of fees and contractual agreement between agency and client. He/she controls costs, such as general expenses, T&E, write-offs and other financial aspects of the account
- Ensure that the agency, in every department, delivers the best possible product, firmly grounded in a thoughtful, strategically sound understanding of the client’s business, the account’s long-term direction and the task at hand.
- Assume, in partnership with the Planning Director, full responsibility for the account’s strategic direction – its development and eventual client approval.
- 8 plus years of advertising account management experience (with at least 4 years in a leadership style role)
- Experienced with fully integrated marketing campaigns
- Strong leadership and mentorship management style
- Impeccable presentation skills with the ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to problem solve and come up with the best viable solutions according to timelines and budgets
- QSR and or retail experience (an asset)
- A passionate positive individual who will inspire and lead with an innovative mentality
- Experience with marketing to families and kids (an asset)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry. We humbly accepted 254 awards in 2018 including the coveted Agency of the Year title for the third year in a row.
We are serious about our work but don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our people are the best. We have each other’s backs.
Our clients trust and believe in creativity.
You will be challenged to go beyond your comfort zone, to amplify your potential.
We have flexible hours and fun happens daily… rooftop cocktails anyone?
Dogs of Cossette are a thing. Yes, you can bring Barkley to the office.
All of this AND you get a salary, benefits, training, and bottomless cups of cappuccino.
Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties?
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.