Senior Account Executive
- Toronto, ON, Canada
What do you do when you realize that consumers are evolving much faster than the advertising agency you work at?
This was the question that prompted our senior staff to leave their jobs at leading Canadian agencies and set up Camp Jefferson. From day one, Camp Jefferson was purpose built to look at the world in new ways, and create things that recognized that consumers are now calling the shots. Advertising still has its place…it just has to happen on their terms now.
The things that make us different are embodied in our fiercely held beliefs:
 WE ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE We’re here for clients who recognize a need to do things differently. Who want to outsmart, not outspend.
 WE BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE BETTER WAYS FOR BRANDS TO CONNECT WITH PEOPLE Instead of interrupting and demanding attention, we need to be worthy of it.
 WE’RE HERE TO CHALLENGE THE IDEA OF WHAT AN IDEA IS. The best advertising today often doesn’t look anything like advertising.
 WE BELIEVE IN BEING UNCOMPROMISINGLY EMPATHETIC We’re not dealing with a target market, we’re dealing with people.
 WE BELIEVE IN CREATING STUFF PEOPLE WANT Things that entertain, inform, or are just downright useful. Things that people will be motivated to seek out.
This is an exciting opportunity for an intermediate advertising professional to work on a fantastic new client win across fully integrated campaigns - the full gamut including TV, Radio, OOH, Digital and more....
As a Senior Account Executive you will be responsible for supporting an Account Director, whilst also stepping in with administrative & executional tasks as needed.
You will be a key player on the team and will be asked to support with several initiatives ranging from: working with agency partners, assisting with marketing plans, driving excellence with execution and learning to hone your strategic abilities.
In order to be successful on these accounts you will be required to have superior project management skills and the ability to multitask while staying highly organized. Some of your other responsibilities will include:
- Managing timelines and budgets
- Become a product/market expert, continually expanding your knowledge and sharing this information on a regular basis with team members
- Handling broadcast, digital, 1:1 and print production
- Anticipate client needs before they are requested and review them with the team
- Take an active role in the planning process by contributing to the project brief (positioning, benefits, etc.) and being the source of relevant product and market information
- Maintain strong client rapport, building on the relationship by demonstrating a genuine sense of responsibility for the success of the team
- At least 2-3 years Account Service experience within an advertising setting
- Previous and proven Integrated campaign experience
- Financial Services experience an asset
- Luxury brand experience an asset
- Solid understanding of broadcast - TV, Radio, Print
- Self motivated, passionate about the advertising industry
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize within a constantly changing environment with varying demands, often on accelerated timelines.
- “Sweats the details”, has strong analytical skills, is computer literate (MS Office Suite), has excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be nimble and adaptable but also comfortable following processes when required.
WE’RE CREATIVE AND CURIOUS. WE’RE PROBLEM SOLVERS. WE’RE MAKERS. WE’RE BUILDERS. WE TAKE THINGS SERIOUSLY BUT WE HAVE A LAUGH WHILE DOING IT. WE QUESTION STUFF AND HAVE A HEALTHY DISLIKE FOR BULLSHIT. WE’RE ENERGETIC, WE WORK HARD AND WE GET STUFF DONE. WE DON’T CLAIM TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, BUT WE DON’T STOP UNTIL WE FIND THEM. BUT MOST OF ALL, WE’RE COLLABORATIVE, WE’RE NICE PEOPLE AND WE LIKE TO DRINK BEER.
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
Camp Jefferson is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Camp Jefferson is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.