Associate Digital Director
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with expertise in consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, energy and financial services. We believe it’s paramount to understand the intricacies and inner workings of our client’s businesses and the industries in which they compete. It is this knowledge that allows us to accurately guide dialogue with employees, customers and shareholders, and to better understand and recommend how our clients are living up to their values and promises. And most of all, deliver a well measured and operational return on investment.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada and U.K. Our affiliate network provides additional coverage across more than 40 cities in North America and more than 60 countries worldwide allowing us support our clients on a local, regional and global level.
Learn more and stay connected at ca.citizenrelations.com or @CitizenCanada
Citizen Relations has an immediate opening for an energetic, motivated and savvy Digital Leader to be based in its Toronto office. The Digital Leader will join a team of digital and social specialists who drive initiatives including digital and social strategy, content marketing and development, community management and influencer relations. This professional will lead a team in developing and managing digital strategy and creating innovative content for clients that operate in a variety of industries and serve as an evangelist to support and advise the broader team with their digital knowledge and expertise.
· Part strategist, part account lead, part hands-on tactician, capable of envisioning, leading or implementing, as the situation requires.
· Excellent relationship skills; good listener; respects the expertise of others; ability to motivate and generate effective action from all levels of the organization. Able to build strong relations with agency clients, account staff, group directors and other senior managers in the firm.
· A consummate team player that brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
· Comfortable in the role of teacher, trainer, mentor. The successful candidate should possess enough hands-on experience implementing digital/social communications to translate terminology into a language that all can understand.
· Develop and implement creative and highly measurable digital strategies and campaigns for several high-profile clients that deliver specific results in engagement, conversion, sales & traffic and advocacy.
· Design and develop program ideas and proposals that integrate within the broader marketing mix and deliver on Citizen’s promise for both innovation and measureable results.
· Implement social media strategy and best practices across various platforms and social communities (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat etc.)
· Be the liaison between teams and 3rd party digital partners
· Participate in key account group brainstorms, strategy and creative sessions, contributing digital/ interactive/ social ideas
· Manage internal projects, interfacing with other Citizen operations for work-sharing, knowledge management and standards development
· Serve as a counselor to support and advise account staff in involving and engaging digital program elements in every client recommendation
· Establish, track and assure adherence to budgets, campaign and marketing objectives and KPIs
· Work collaboratively with the client and with other staff, as needed.
· Take an active role in business development activities (cultivation of prospects, pitch preparation, participation in pitches).
· Seeking 7-10 years of overall experience.
· Previous experience at an advertising, media, events, or PR agency
· Ability to simplify a complex digital strategy and get clients excited about new opportunities
· Deep experience in digital strategy across all platforms and communications channels, including but not limited to social platforms, analytics tools, digital media and content creation.
· Experience in working with earned, paid an owned media in digital marketing programs.
· Gravitas and savvy to counsel senior-level client executives.
· Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/accounts, manage staff and client relationships and deliver results.
· Proven track record of excellent client counseling, including strategic thinking, verbal and writing skills
Please visit our career page @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to apply and stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.