- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with expertise in consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, energy and financial services. We believe it’s paramount to understand the intricacies and inner workings of our client’s businesses and the industries in which they compete. It is this knowledge that allows us to accurately guide dialogue with employees, customers and shareholders, and to better understand and recommend how our clients are living up to their values and promises. And most of all, deliver a well measured and operational return on investment.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada and U.K. Our affiliate network provides additional coverage across more than 40 cities in North America and more than 60 countries worldwide allowing us support our clients on a local, regional and global level.
Learn more and stay connected at ca.citizenrelations.com or @CitizenCanada
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to be part of a growing team driven by a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe a passionate, motivated team is the cornerstone of happy clients and boundless creativity.
Our Toronto office is growing and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to join our team.
First and foremost, an account manager is responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. The candidate must display an in-depth understanding of consumer and brand communications, media relations and engaging digital Canadians. As part of this role, the candidate will:
· Work with senior team members in the agency to nurture strong client partnerships
· Write and edit strategic communications materials
· Prioritize multiple demands in a deadline-sensitive environment
· Maintain an understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional and online)
· Hold strong media and blogger relationships
- Background – 4-6 years communications experience in agency or corporation. Agency experience preferred
· Strategic thinker – Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business. Can effectively apply what’s 'known' toward measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships
· Strong writer – Capable of delivering effective and creative written products for clients, including media materials, speaking notes and executive blog posts
· Advisor - Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the clients’ businesses, runs effective client meetings and shows a high level of integrity in providing advice and counsel to support teams
· Organized - Strong project management and organization skills
· Team player – Who understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
· Media relations – Strong understanding of storytelling. Excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills
· Quality control - Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
· Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Strong technology skills - Capable of leveraging all relevant technologies such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Understanding of content marketing and social media
Please visit our career page @ https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/Vision7International in order to apply and stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.