Full-Stack Developer & Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Are you curious, organized and a team-player? Are you a self-starter with a passion for technology? If so, maybe we should talk!
Retreat Corp is a technology start up that is backed by Cossette, a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. Led by founder, Janice Liu, who is a seasoned marketer and technology consultant, she breathes new and innovative ways of thinking into a tech start up. Retreat is a two-sided marketplace that connects the end customer with a selection of available spa and salon appointments available in the queried location. Our target customers are those looking for convenience and ease of booking. We’ve also already onboarded 35 of the best salons and spas in downtown Toronto today!
A bit more about our mothership - Cossette has been around for more than 40 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity, our currency and a certain kind of edginess. Perhaps that’s why we have been named Strategy Agency of the Year. At least that’s what we think.
But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
Are you tech-savvy, with a high attention to detail and a passion for all things development and team culture? You thrive in an environment that includes optimizing numbers, reporting and garnering data from campaigns and deploying it at a fast pace. Retreat is in search of a Senior Full Stack Developer & Manager.
- Write well designed, testable, scalable and efficient code.
- Make recommendations to improve processes and best practices.
- Lead decisions on development directions and work with other team members collaboratively.
- Consistently deliver quality communications that support business objectives while adhering to industry best practices and standards.
- Lead and hire a team of talented developers who are passionate about creating something new and unique for our market.
- A BSc degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with or interest in self-exploring database work and back-end development
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Personable with an inclination to be self-taught
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Initiative-driven and self-starter & must be inquisitive and curious
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment
- People management experience and passionate about team development
When you join Retreat you are entering the top rank of the Canadian start up and tech industry.
- We offer the opportunity to work with leading individuals from the technology and marketing space in a bright new office space that inspires creativity.
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly.
- We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all that’s what tech and innovation is all about.
In order to foster this, we offer:
- A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
- A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
- Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties?
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Retreat is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Retreat is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.