Account Executive - Citizen Relations
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with clients in retail, consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, government and financial services.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada, Asia and the U.K.
An award-winning global PR agency, Citizen Relations works with some of the world’s best-known brands. Our Vancouver office is continuing its rapid growth and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to add to our team.
About the role:
We’re looking for a high-performing team player that’s looking to kick-start their career in PR & communications. They will have some past experience in media relations and a strong understanding of social media marketing and influencer relations.
You need to be well organized, efficient and adaptable to work with a wide range of clients on everything from media relations, to events to online campaigns. For this role we are looking for someone who can:
· Demonstrate a good knowledge of the local media landscape (traditional and digital) and ability to identify news angles
· Provide exceptional results in media relations outreach, delivering strong earned coverage for our clients
· Has a strong interest and experience in engaging people online and has a solid understanding of local influencer sphere
· Assist in event coordination such as sourcing venues, briefing and liaising with suppliers and overall strong execution capabilities
· Write compelling and accurate media releases, backgrounders, pitches and online content.
· Assist with developing online content for clients and community management
· Produce accurate and timely client reports and keep clients apprised of activity status at all times
· Be willing to take on new tasks and initiatives and highly self-motivated.
· 1-2 years experience in public relations, social media management and /or event management
· Past experience in an agency setting is highly valued
· A degree in public relations, marketing communications, or similar
· Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
· Passionate about identifying and influencing trends
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Entrepreneurial attitude and a go-getter
· Team player and generous spirit
· Superior interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrated initiative
For more information about our work and our team, visit our website at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
You may send a resume - or alternatively, interested applicants may also send a brief cover letter outlining their capabilities and provide links to their Linked-In profile outlining their past experience.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know