Social Media Co-ordinator
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Citizen Relations - Vancouver
Social Media Co-ordinator (1-3 years related experience)
Citizen Relations is currently seeking a creative, focused and dedicated team player to join a dynamic and innovative group of communications professionals as a Social Media Co-ordinator.
If you are interested in building your career by working at one of the country's top PR firms, then we want to talk to you. Citizen, recipient of the 2015 & 2016 Silver PR Agency of the Year and 2017 Bronze Agency of the Year award from Strategy Magazine, offers strategic advice and communications counsel to some of world’s best-known brands, corporations, government departments and not-for-profit organizations.
Citizen Relations is seeking a Social Media Coordinator who will be responsible for managing social media content, working with account teams to develop concepts, oversee community management for brands and influencer identification and outreach.
You will become a key player on the team and will be asked to support with several initiatives ranging from: working with integrated PR teams, assisting with planning, conversation analysis and more.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment and have a passion for social media, particularly in the consumer packaged goods space.
· Serve as a content specialist in support of current and new business programming
· Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning about social media channels, trends and best practices
· Able to contribute to the development of marketing plans
· Managing communities with support from the direction of an account director or account manager
· Possess the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
· Take a project leadership role in tactical execution
· Be proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Mail/Google Docs
· Act as a consultant for clients on status calls and in-person meetings
· Draft program materials, proposals and budgets
· Own program execution tasks (critical paths, supplier relations, run sheets, post-event reports)
· Participate in weekly client calls and provide status reports
· Administrative and financial tasks (invoices, cost tracking)
· In addition to social media focused tasks this role will also at times involve directly supporting our PR account teams with tasks such as development of media lists, media pitching or supporting on events.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years related experience (agency or client experience)
- University degree or equivalent – in public relations or digital marketing
- Strong written/verbal communication skills;
- Able to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task.
- A positive, can-do attitude with a focus on results
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence when presenting both internally and externally to clients
- Highly adaptable; Ability to handle high stress situations and utilize problem solving techniques to find the best solutions.
The following skills are not required but would be highly valued for this position
· Graphic design or web design
· Photo or Video Editing
· Hootsuite Academy certification
· Google AdWord certification
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.