Senior Planner / Buyer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
Are you creative-driven? Are you curious and ready to tackle big business problems? If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 40 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity, our currency and a certain kind of edginess. We play hard and we work hard. Perhaps that’s why we previously were named one of the best 50 employers in the country. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING A SENIOR PLANNER/ BUYER
As an intermediate planner/ buyer you will be responsible for dealing with clients directly and managing budgets. You will be preparing and presenting pre and post-buy reports to clients, negotiating the most targeted stations with the best cost efficiencies, meeting client strategies and campaign objectives. Additionally you will be ensuring costs are kept in line by staying current with market demands on a national level. You will be a guru when it comes to understanding your clients target market and responsible for staying up to date with media trends by doing research on a regular basis.
- Developing media strategies and objectives for our clients
- Developing and presenting integrated media plans to clients with a focus on digital
- Negotiating the purchase of media space with media vendors and managing all related contracts and insertion orders
- Working with the Media team and other agency teams in developing trafficking documents and ad distribution
- Setting up campaigns on self-serve digital ad platforms (i.e. Facebook, Google AdWords), monitoring ad spends and optimizing ad performance
- Working with the Creative and Client Services team to coordinate the performance measurement framework
- Preparing and presenting campaign reports, performance insights and recommendations
- You have a minimum of 4 years planning and buying experience
- You are knowledgeable about the Canadian media landscape, media usage trends, and available advertising vehicles and formats
- You have experience in 360 planning being able to plan across both traditional and digital channels integrating the two where possible
- You have experience working with media research tools such as Adtraq, Nexelus, DDS, Lens Radio/TV, Telmar and other research tools
- You have proven negotiation skills and can build excellent report with reps
- You have experience working with digital marketing platforms such as Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- You are analytical, organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- You are a team player but you also have the ability to work independently
- You are proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- You possess excellent written and oral presentation skills in English
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
- We offer the opportunity to work with an industry leading client
- Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly
- We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all that’s what advertising is all about.
- In order to foster this we offer:
- A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
- A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
- Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company!
- Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
Take a look at our career website. Perhaps there is an opportunity that is waiting for you!
*We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job Type: Full-time
- Planning & Buying: 4 years