Senior Account Executive
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with expertise in consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, energy and financial services. We believe it’s paramount to understand the intricacies and inner workings of our client’s businesses and the industries in which they compete. It is this knowledge that allows us to accurately guide dialogue with employees, customers and shareholders, and to better understand and recommend how our clients are living up to their values and promises. And most of all, deliver a well measured and operational return on investment.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada and U.K. Our affiliate network provides additional coverage across more than 40 cities in North America and more than 60 countries worldwide allowing us support our clients on a local, regional and global level.
Our Toronto office is growing, and we’re actively searching for a Senior Account Executive to join us.
We are hiring a passionate PR professional to step into a Senior Account Executive role to work across a variety of industry leading clients. We are looking for someone with a strong network of PR contacts within the consumer space as you will be the go to when it comes to pitching stories and writing media materials.
Some of your other responsibilities may include:
- Working with and counseling junior team members to develop strategic, targeted media lists.
- Be “right-hand” support to Account Manager & Senior Account Manager
- Manage & track account hard costs
- Attend and facilitate media interviews
- Network with reporters and editors
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, show strategic & creative thinking
- Event management - Supporting with execution of creative events and platforms that effectively profile client product offerings
- Quality control - Paying close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
- Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business. Can effectively apply what’s 'known' toward measurable and effective communications programs that generate the desired results
- 1.5 years plus of previous PR Media relations experience – Strong understanding of storytelling and excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills.
- Robust understanding of media deadlines and needs; has strong relationships with media and influencers
- A Team player as we Citizen Relations is a highly collaborative environment
- Strong writing skills – after all that’s what PR is all about!
- Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit.
For more information about our work and our team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
Please apply for career opportunities via our career page in order to stay up to date with our most accurate and available openings. Applications submitted outside our career page will not be reviewed.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know