Intermediate Social Copywriter - 3 Month Contract
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with clients in retail, consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, government and financial services.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada, Asia and the U.K.
An award-winning global PR agency, Citizen Relations works with some of the world’s best-known brands. Our Toronto office is continuing its rapid growth and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to add to our team.
As a Copywriter you will bring creative concepts to life through your words. You will be a member of the growing creative team, working in partnership with designers and members of our account teams. You will be responsible for creating and bringing to life communications concepts that are attention grabbing and out of the box. You will write everything from social media posts to pitch headlines to event banners and more!
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Partnering with a strategist, designer and/or account lead to conceive, sell and execute bold and persuasive messages for our clients.
- Being a strong contributor at brainstorming and creative planning sessions.
- Ensuring concepts contain clear, concise and convincing writing and ensure grammatical and material accuracy.
- Preparing and refining concepts for internal and client presentations and providing rationale behind these concepts.
- Having strong experience and command of social media copywriting; understanding the norms and best practices within core channels (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.)
- A solid background in copywriting with a minimum two years of experience
- A strategic team player who thinks out of the box and is always willing to contribute and consider feedback
- A good listener with strong conceptual skills and an ability to handle and learn from constructive criticism
- Comfort working within a busy and fast-paced environment
- 2 plus years of previous social copywriting experience (ideally within an agency setting)
- For consideration, please include a copy of your portfolio in your application
(please make sure you include social related examples)
For more information about our work and our team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know