Senior Account Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with clients in retail, consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, government and financial services.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada, Asia and the U.K.
An award-winning global PR agency, Citizen Relations works with some of the world’s best-known brands. Our Toronto office is continuing its rapid growth and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to add to our team.
WE ARE NOW HIRING - SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
We are currently looking to add a stellar Senior Account Manager to join our team!
This is an awesome opportunity to work across industry leading clients, a highly collaborative, passionate & fun team.
As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for being the lead across multiple clients. A core focus of this role will be developing the plans behind our amazing PR campaigns.
The successful Senior Account Manager will know what creates a great story, what resonates with media from a story perspective and how to help craft these ideas.
You will be responsible for effectively managing client teams and programs. We're looking for you to display an in-depth understanding of consumer and brand communications, media relations and engaging digital Canadians. As part of this role, you will:
- Work with senior team members in the agency to nurture strong client partnerships
- Write and edit strategic communications materials
- Prioritize multiple demands in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Maintain an understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional and online)
- Hold strong media and blogger relationships
- Background – 5+ years communications experience in agency or corporation. Agency experience preferred.
- Strategic thinker – Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business. Can effectively apply what’s 'known' toward measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships.
- Strong writer – Capable of delivering effective and creative written products for clients, including media materials, speaking notes and executive blog posts.
- Advisor - Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the clients’ businesses, runs effective client meetings and shows a high level of integrity in providing advice and counsel to support teams.
- Organized - Strong project management and organization skills.
- Real teammate – Who understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities.
- Media relations – Strong understanding of storytelling. Excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills.
- Quality control - Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard.
- Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong technology skills - Capable of using all relevant technologies such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Understanding of content marketing and social media.
For more information about our work and our team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know