Senior Digital Manager
- New York, NY, USA
Citizen Relations is a global, award-winning, integrated creative communications agency. Its mission is to drive clients’ business forward through creative strategic frameworks that spark conversation, create citizen engagement and fuel results. With nine offices around the globe, including New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Montreal, London and Singapore, Citizen operates on a global scale with boutique offering and local-market expertise. Its unique model features a strategic-partner network across more than 60 countries, providing clients valuable on-demand access and highly customized services. Citizen Relations is a division of Vision 7 International, which is majority-owned by BlueFocus Communication Group headquartered in Beijing, China.
Citizen is currently seeking a Social Media Manager to work on-site with the growing digital team in our New York office. This is a full-time position and reports to the Director, Digital Strategy.
You’re a social media obsessed writer and content producer. You’re passionate about connecting people to ideas, leaders and one another through social media and other community channels. You’ll go to the ends of the earth to ensure that brand followers feel heard and understood. You’re a visionary with big dreams of establishing and executing a world-class community and social strategy – and you’ve demonstrated your abilities with multiple brands.
You’re a wee bit of a data freak. And by that, we mean you go to sleep every night while visions of true reach numbers and engagement rates dance in your head. (See, you have to admit, that is kind of freaky). You articulate brand and product selling points through creative content to connect with consumers - from short-form video to Instagram/Snapchat stories to graphics. You live on the leading edge of social media and obsessively follow every development, new feature, sticker, and lens. You’re an independent thinker yet collaborative, highly organized yet tolerant of ambiguity, creative yet analytical.
- Manage agency and client social media accounts - servicing with administrative budget management, strategic planning, audience development, community management, copywriting and content development/curation, influencer relations, paid boosting, measurement and reporting
- Meet and correspond with clients regularly to present social media and creative rationale, status updates, new ideas, and digital/social POV
- Develop, execute and manage an integrated community and social media strategy incorporating current, emerging and yet-to-emerge platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr, and more; Ability to use analytical thinking, social listening and measurement tools to generate actionable insights
- Consistently develop social channel growth and engagement/UGC-driving tactics such as sweepstakes, co-branded content, strategic partnerships, and more
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize creatively, track effectively and see campaign concepts through
- Copywriting and Content
- Write and edit clear, persuasive and original copy for agency and clients across all major social platforms; Manage social editorial calendars
- Dream up the big ideas for the creative assets that accompany and complement social copy, working closely with the social content producer to execute, from capture/design to editing to completion, generating engagement-driving social media posts across agency and client’s channels
- Conduct weekly/monthly content performance assessments and work to iterate creative/design in subsequent content calendars in order to consistently publish top-performing content
- Obsess over the details, ensuring agency and client social posts are published in a strategic and timely manner, with the correct @handles, coded short links and visual asset
- Influencer Relations
Audience Development and Community Management
- Escalate User Generated Content and community commentary, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders
- Daily monitoring of social channels, responding as necessary to nurture each community, foster relationships with advocates, drive engagement scores, and flow website traffic;
- Manage escalation of select inquiries for resolution with the right stakeholders
Paid Social Media, Measurement & Reporting
- Effectively develop, implement, and optimize paid digital media campaigns on multiple platforms, including Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram
- Track owned channel growth and engagement daily in order to speak to organic and paid content performance, paid boosting activity, consumer trends, and other page happenings
- Develop monthly client reports that assess the drivers, trends and patterns of channel growth and engagement, web-traffic, purchase intent, and more
- Thought-Leadership & Team Building
- Build and maintain relationships with social platforms, key vendors, and technology partners; Keep up-to-date with pop culture and trends
- Stay engaged with external professional community management and paid networks, regularly benchmarking community usability, industry best practice, and new trends with an eye towards improving and evolving our organic and paid communities
- Mentor junior colleagues, formally and informally through account work and training opportunities
- 3-5 years of experience managing brand social channels with full copywriting, content creation/curation and editing responsibilities
- Expertise in growing and engaging audiences through social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and paid media plans that reflect an understanding and implementation of the role of owned and paid social media and its effects
- Good understanding and ability to execute paid boosting campaigns across Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills
- Skilled in the use of third-party social media management tools to maximize and track performance
- Exceptional client facing and communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Creative mind with strong verbal, written and presentation skills - be bold, think fresh, weird and fun
- Flexible, collaborative and cognizant of the 24/7 nature of community and social media management
- Basic knowledge of digital imaging with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver and basic understanding of CSS/HTML; Illustration technique a plus for developing infographics
- An understanding of After Effects and video and broadcast production is a huge plus…huge
- Must be enthusiastic and committed to staying on top of leading edge mobile/web design & development trends; Knowledge of social media trends and best practices of digital content creation, distribution and syndication
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.