Account Manager, Social Media
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with clients in retail, consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, government and financial services.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada, Asia and the U.K.
An award-winning global PR agency, Citizen Relations works with some of the world’s best-known brands.
Citizen Relations is hiring an Account Manager, Social Media
You are a skilled social media specialist with experience in either an editorial or agency environment with ideating, project managing, publishing, analyzing and optimizing online content. You have strong influencer management experience, and take a relationship-driven approach to all of your work, while keeping an eye toward social media best practices. You can also manage clients effectively, and thrive in managing projects and deadlines.
You facilitate the design and delivery of your work in collaboration, securing approval from your account leads while also responsible for delegating tasks to others on your team, outside vendors and representatives from other agencies. You are a confident presenter, with an in-depth knowledge of social platforms from both a personal and professional perspective. Your client turns to you to ensure deadlines are met, results are merchandised and improvements are captured. You handle issues with care and speed, always bringing a solutions-oriented perspective to the challenge at hand. You share our agency-wide goal of being the best fiscal stewards of our client budgets.
In particular, Citizen Relations is seeking someone who can:
- Serve as day-to-day social lead across 2-3 consumer brands
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning about social media channels, trends and best practices
- Maintain relationships with creative, account teams and producers, with a laser focus on client objectives
- Engage directly with clients offering strategic counsel (both in person and in writing)
- Manage third-parties such as influencers, agency partners and freelancers (as needed)
- Possess the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Take a project leadership role but also support in tactical execution
- Mentor junior staff
- Participate in new business pitches to ideate key content elements
- Manage project budgets effectively and ensure accurate billing of time and costs
- Produce accurate and timely client reports and keep clients appraised of activity status at all times
- Be proficient in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Mail/Google Docs
- Have a can-do, positive attitude
- 3-5 years working in agency (public relations, creative or advertising) environments
- A Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, photography, public relations, marketing or advertising
- Demonstrated writing and/or editing experience
- A positive, can-do attitude with a focus on results
- A strong understanding of social media management and analysis tools
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Confidence when presenting both internally and externally to clients
For more information about our work and our team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.