Citizen Relations - Account Manager
- Toronto, ON, Canada
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with clients in retail, consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, government and financial services.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada, Asia and the U.K.
An award-winning global PR agency, Citizen Relations works with some of the world’s best-known brands. Our Toronto office is continuing its rapid growth and we’re actively searching for the ideal candidate to add to our team.
WE ARE HIRING AN ACCOUNT MANAGER TO JOIN OUR SPECTACULAR TEAM AT A AWARD WINNING PR AGENCY CITIZEN RELATIONS
Are you ready to join a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial agency? Well we are currently on the lookout for an awesome account manager. As an Account Manager you are responsible for managing several client teams and programs. You are the go to person for ensuring that the work we produce for our clients is flawless, aligned with strategies and branding guidelines. Along with ensuring Account Executives and Sr. Account Executives are maximizing all opportunities within the media landscape.
You must display an in-depth understanding of consumer and brand communications, media relations and know how to engage digital Canadians. As part of this role you will:
· Work with internal senior team members to nurture strong client partnerships. Partner closely with clients and become an expert with within their industries and brand guidelines.
· Write and edit strategic communications materials (you will be the final set of eyes on campaigns prior to execution to the media so we will rely on your expertise to ensure that everything is perfect!)
· Being able to juggle and prioritize multiple demands in a deadline-sensitive environment is crucial in order to succeed in this role
· Maintaining a high level understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional, influencer, social and other online Medias)
· Hold strong media and blogger relationships (you have strong relationships within influencers and the media within the consumer world)
· Background – 4-6 years communications experience in agency or corporation. Agency experience preferred
· Strategic thinker – Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business. Can effectively apply what’s 'known' toward measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and grow client relationships
· Strong writer – Capable of delivering effective and creative written products for clients, including media materials, speaking notes and executive blog posts
· Advisor - Demonstrates an excellent understanding of the clients’ businesses, runs effective client meetings and shows a high level of integrity in providing advice and counsel to support teams
· Organized - Strong project management and organization skills
· Team player – Who understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
· Media relations – Strong understanding of storytelling. Excellent and persuasive verbal communications skills
· Quality control - Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
· Professional and ethical - While upholding our values of quality, integrity, respect and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Strong technology skills - Capable of leveraging all relevant technologies such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Understanding of content marketing and social media
For more information about our work and our team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know