- Toronto, ON, Canada
Are you creative-driven? Are you curious and ready to tackle big projects?
If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 40 years. We have offices across the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity, our currency and a certain kind of edginess. We play hard and we work hard. Perhaps that’s why we were named one of the best 50 employers in the country. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING A COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
As a Communications Manager for Cossette you will be responsible for all public relations for Cossette.
You will work with internal and external stakeholders to develop and carry out proactive public relations campaigns included but not limited to corporate announcements, executive positioning, new campaigns and events. You will also manage the agency’s social media channels.
You will lead internal communications, including developing the agency newsletters, all staff events and offer support as required to help foster the agency’s vibrant and collaborative culture.
We are looking for someone who has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, as this role will require you to be creative and self-driven.
Responsibilities will include:
· Proactively sourcing PR and media opportunities for the agency and its senior leaders
· Developing strong relationships with national media and influencers
· Community engagement and media monitoring
· Acting as the agency’s brand ambassador adhering to the agency’s brand guidelines
· Writing materials and acting as an advisor for internal and external communications
· At least 5 years of public relations or corporate communications experience within American and international markets an asset
· Mus be familiar with media monitoring, survey and digital mailing software
· A digital native with a passion for social media and a desire to foster engagement through our social strategy
· The confidence and ability to work alongside all levels of the organization, including the senior management team (experience / interest in the marketing and advertising industry preferred)
· Entrepreneurial and social with a strong desire to build a fun and upbeat environment within a creative-driven organization
· Must have a post-secondary school education in communications, public relations or related field
· Knowledge of French is considered an asset
· A well-organized self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly within all social media platforms
· A desire to remain current with existing and emerging digital technologies
· An exemplary team player with outstanding communications skills - written and oral
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
· We offer the opportunity to work with leading industry clients and a bright new office space that inspires creativity.
· Competitive compensation and benefit packages and the opportunity to advance your career quickly
· We are looking for people who think outside the box. After all that’s what advertising is all about.
In order to foster this, we offer:
· A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
· A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
· Our entrepreneurial culture encourages creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company!
· Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties?
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.