Group Account Director
- Toronto, Canada
Are you creative-driven? Are you curious and ready to tackle big business problems?
If so, maybe we should talk!
Cossette is a dynamic Canadian marketing communications agency. We have been around for more than 40 years. We have offices in all regions of the country and although we are considered part of the Canadian agency establishment, we’re anything but stuffy. In fact, we are the exact opposite. Cossette has a reputation for being innovative and entrepreneurial. We pride ourselves in our agility, creativity, and a certain kind of edginess. We enjoy life, we have fun and we work hard. At least that’s what we think. But you don’t need to take our word for it. Come and learn for yourself.
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING A GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
(INTEGRATED with strong focus on 1:1 marketing)
As a Group Account Director you will have the opportunity to work on a few integrated clients but will have a strong focus on digital and 1:1 marketing. While having brand experience is great we are looking for someone who truly understand the 1:1 space which includes having a deep understanding of programmatic, digital banners, email marketing campaigns etc.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about their client’s business and success of their work. Additionally you must be self motivated with a strong level of initiative to be successful in this role.
You will bring a strong level of leadership and will be responsible for overseeing the account team and collaborating with creative, strategy and technology leaders and their teams to ensure services are delivered effectively and flawlessly.
You will provide your account team with support, guidance and mentorship while also being comfortable being hands on when necessary.
This individual is also responsible for identifying new business opportunities and leading agency efforts to drive organic growth within client relationships. You will demonstrate solid business judgment and sound strategic thinking, while being a manager that is committed to the career development his/her team.
· Overseeing the total resources of the group (agency and partner companies), ensuring that clients receive the most intelligent, creative and comprehensive response.
Responsible for the health of the account - including relationship management, leading strategy and creative outcome, managing process & financials
Leading the account with support of a team and collaborating with colleagues and outside agency partners
· Bears final responsibility for the agency’s recommendations and performance (both financially and professionally)
· Ability to problem solve and alleviate difficult situations
· Ensuring teams are adhering to agency’s standard operating procedures and ensure quality standards are established.
· Hiring exceptional talent
· University degree preferred (ideally in a marketing or business related field)
· Minimum of 10 years progressive agency account services experience with (ideally 3 plus years of Account Director Duties)
· Experience in developing and executing integrated & 1:1 (email marketing, digital banners, direct mail, etc) based campaigns and dealing with high volume fast paced accounts in this space
· Familiar with quality control processes at all stages of the projects
· Has deep knowledge and experience in integrated marketing and a market expert in 1:1
· Must be a self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
· Proven ability to manage and interact with people at all levels of an organization, fostering strong cross-functional teamwork and results
· Proven ability to think strategically, and the ability to teach others to think strategically
· Must possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and client relationship building skills
· Commitment to delivering creative solutions to clients. Ability to align clients and staff behind these solutions
When you join Cossette you are entering the top rank of the Canadian advertising industry.
We offer the chance to work with leading industry clients and a bright new office space that inspires creativity.
We have a competitive compensation and benefit packages and ensure a solid path for career advancement
We are looking for people who think creatively. After all that’s what advertising is all about.
In order to cultivate this we offer:
A flat corporate structure. You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior level executives throughout the entire organization.
A flexible work schedule and a business casual environment.
Our entrepreneurial culture inspires creative input from every discipline and all levels of the company.
Oh, and did we mention that we throw amazing parties!
SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview willbe contacted.
Cossette is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Cossette is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.