Citizen- Account Manager
- Vancouver, Canada
Citizen Relations - Vancouver
Account Manager (5 years+ related experience)
Citizen Relations is an international, award-winning public relations and integrated communications agency with clients in retail, consumer technology, food & beverage, consumer packaged goods, travel & tourism, automotive, government and financial services.
We have more than 200 staff in eight (8) core offices in the U.S., Canada, Asia and the U.K..
Consistently recognized as one Canada's top communications agencies, our Vancouver office is growing rapidly and Citizen Relations is actively searching for an Account Manager with experience managing communications campaigns in the food & beverage or retail sectors to work to join our team.
This isn’t just a job. It’s the chance to be part of a growing team driven by a collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit. We believe a passionate, motivated team is the cornerstone of happy clients and boundless creativity.
The role and what we’re looking for
This person will have the ability to drive multiple projects in an account lead position, overseeing flawless implementation to deliver strong results to our clients. The candidate will have a strong grasp on storytelling with an acute understanding of what makes news, leveraging new trends and insights to build communication strategies. Past experience working on paid and earned social influencer campaigns would be valuable.
Citizen Relations is seeking someone who:
· Will serve as an effective day-to-day account lead across multiple accounts in a project leadership role and nurturing strong client relationships.
· Will help develop measurable and effective communications strategies that generate desired results, and contribute directly to clients’ business results.
· Delivers exceptional media relations results for our clients and provide best-practice direction and support to junior team members
· Engages directly with clients offering strategic counsel (both in-person and in-writing)
· Manages challenging media or client requests with limited senior support
· Maintains a strong understanding of the evolving media landscape (traditional, online) and actively fosters relationships with reporters/producers/bloggers/influencers
· Possess the ability to multitask, meet tight deadlines, can deliver effective and creative written products for clients, and has persuasive verbal communications skills
· Pays close attention to detail, content and formatting, ensuring outputs are of the best possible standard
· The ability to effectively manage staff, budgets and timelines
· Participate in new business pitches to present key program elements
· Manage campaign budgets effectively and ensure accurate billing of time and costs
· A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing communications, business or similar background
· 5+ years of directly related experience working ideally in an agency environment or a directly related client side role
· Ability to prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced environment and exceptional organizational skills
· Understands the importance of advanced planning, well designed processes and measurement as tools to help optimize the long term success of group and team activities
· Team player who has a generous and respectful spirit and will be a contributor to a great team culture
· Entrepreneurial attitude and approach
· Creative and analytical in gathering information about clients’ industries and business.
For more information about our work and our team, visit our web site at www.citizenrelations.com and follow us @citizencanada.
You may send a resume - or alternatively interested applicants may also send a brief cover letter outlining their capabilities and provide links to their Linked-In profile outlining their past experience.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Citizen Relations is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Citizen Relations is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know