Staff Software Engineer - Java Platform Development
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As a Staff Software Engineer in Payment and Platform technology team, you will pave the way for our most important asset, our engineers, to deliver amazing features with highest quality. You will be working with colleagues, who will help, support and challenge you every day. You will play part of teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from building full stack development of real-time transactional services, REST services API, Container based services to highly functional, secure, scalable and resilient Platform Libraries / Services / Framework and Infrastructure. You will be providing the best platform for PPT Platform engineers for them to succeed. If this sounds exciting, awe would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment.
In this role, you will lead and manage a variety of projects in the Visa Platform Product group. In this role, you will introduce new services, technologies, and technical solutions to Visa infrastructure to deliver innovative solutions.
You will drive technical solutions for large scale, always available, secure, fast and international ready solutions that will have direct impact on the landscape of the payment industry for generations to come.
You will be working with the PPT Architecture Team on a regular basis and providing them inputs for them to come up with the architecture for future. You will have the opportunity and the responsibility to work with the PPT Architecture Team and build the Long-Term Architecture that delivers consistency, quality, high developer velocity, security, reusability and availability across Visa infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify appropriate technical solutions and/or products and designs that will best prepare the company to meet future business objectives.
- Design the appropriate solution that is based on the business requirements.
- Propose new solutions to meet the fast-changing payments industry.
- Document the design in the form of a conceptual approach which will be used as the basis for sizing and the creation of detailed design artifacts.
- Perform proofs of concept (PoCs) and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions.
- Work with engineering professionals, architects and others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while ensuring that what is implemented is a cost-effective solution.
- Manage the creation of detail design and use case documents.
- Work with developers and manage them (from a technical perspective) during project construction.
- Continue to learn about the payments industry, and the factors impacting the payments industry.
- Experience in commercial software development on Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience in a technical leadership role
- Understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable applications.
- You have expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies and REST
- You have expertise of container based technologies.
- You have experience in consumer facing application development experience.
- Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
- Proven track record of developing and architecting secure API gateway solution with dynamic t of security standards
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery in mind
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together
- You have the passion to understanding people and to always striving to improve our products and services!
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- You have proven ability to define needs, develop plans, coordinate resources and implement action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and to resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Very thorough understanding of Container based architecture for Cloud and In Premise such as Docker with Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Should have experience in building and establishing elastic scalability architectural patterns for web applications,
- Sound understanding of Service and IT operations management, and DevOps model, good knowledge of Deployment, Capacity Planning
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integration using web services, REST
- Understand the Security requirements and standards, and contemporary trends in Security in microservices container architecture.
- Experience in building reactive and elastically scalable microservices using VertX, Rest API, Docker and Caching technologies.
- Strong experience in Auto Scaling and dynamic release roll out of applications with self healing.
- Experience with a variety of development methodologies and mature understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each. Solid experience with Agile methods is a plus.
- Experience as a Technical leader with ability to understand the requirement and architect, design and build the solution.
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent team player, with strong collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional team for results
- Focus on building an efficient and collaborative team environment
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.