Senior Full Stack Developer
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
You will be part of a team who are growing the capabilities and services in the Visa Spend Clarity to deliver scalable and robust solutions that will take Visa Spend Clarity to more customers and users around the globe. With an engineering group of nearly 300 people, Visa Spend Clarity is a key focus area with large growth ambitions driven by customer needs and a desire to innovate using modern cloud technologies.
What a Senior Full Stack Developer does at Visa
A Senior Full Stack Developer is a pivotal software development role, working within a cohesive cross-disciplined scrum team on the product backlog. You will be working alongside developers of intermediate and senior ability, as well as other scrum team members and consultants.
This role requires a dedication to technical excellence, not only in writing code, but also in team-collaboration, testing, documentation. Good communication skills are essential, as well as a “can-do” attitude and willingness to work across various disciplines if required.
- Develop .NET, SQL, and related front-end code.
- Technical system design in collaboration with other developers, architects, and UX designers.
- Peer reviews (Coding, Security, Data, Architecture).
- Following coding style standards and guidelines.
- Using Test Driven Development techniques.
- Writing unit and integration automation tests.
Why this is important to Visa
This is a pivotal software development role, that requires a dedication to technical excellence, not only in writing code, but also in team-collaboration, testing, and documentation.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- A strong understanding of the Microsoft technology stack and how it could relate to Visa Spend Clarity.
- You should have experience with the following technologies:
- .NET and .NET Core/Standard development in C#
- REST based Web API’s
- Microsoft SQL Server
- NET MVC 5, HTML, CSS, web standards (WAI)
- Experience with design Patterns (CQRS, MVC, MVVM Repository etc.)
- Experience with enterprise scale multi-tenant Cloud/SaaS environments (AWS).
- Experience with source control (e.g., Git, Subversion) and continuous integration (e.g., TeamCity.)
- Experience with DDD, TDD, SOLID principles
What will also help:
- Proven experience in professional software development.
- Experience with transactional systems (e.g., banking, finance, telecommunications, etc.)
- Financial industry experience.
- Ideally tertiary qualified with appropriate certifications.
- Experience with Agile frameworks such Scrum or Kanban.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly.
- Leadership experience in encouraging others to use appropriate techniques and actions to move toward higher levels of performance.
- Proven experience of balancing commercial and technical considerations to achieve business outcomes.
- Working with enterprise distributed systems and SaaS applications.
- Software delivery in regulated compliance-based environments.
- Implementation of greenfield projects and evolution of legacy systems and processes.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.