Agile Project Manager (DevOps, Tableau, PowerBI)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
To ensure that Visa’s payment technology is truly available to everyone, everywhere requires the success of our key bank or merchant partners and internal business units. The Global Data Solutions organization supports these partners by using our extraordinarily rich data set that spans more than 3 billion cards globally. Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) Data Science team is a key part of the Global Data Solutions organization, a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and data engineers helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce, with cutting-edge, creative, and advanced analytic solutions. Our focus lies on building creative solutions that have an immediate impact on the business of our highly analytical partners.
To support our rapidly growing group we are looking for data engineers who are equally passionate about the opportunity to use Visa’s rich data to tackle meaningful business problems.
We are looking for an individual with expertise in Agile practices, DevOps process and tools, and building of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines. In addition, the role will have the opportunity to work on other process and automation related aspects such as data governance, data security and MLOps.
This is a Pan-regional position that plays a critical role in enabling and steering Data Engineering and Data Science teams in AP region towards adoption of industry best practices in Agile/Scrum and DevOps. The role needs to ensure smooth & efficient application of Agile/Scrum/DevOps principles, promote an interactive culture which fosters team collaboration and innovation, and exhibit a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making.
- 8+ years of total experience of which 5+ years in Agile/Scrum and DevOps as a practitioner
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and CI/CD practices.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of code version control practices and tools such as GitHub/Bitbucket
- Experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple projects with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Ability to analyze data and create insights for different levels of consumers.
- Ability to learn new tools and paradigms as Agile/DevOps practices evolve at Visa and elsewhere.
- Prior experience in creation and publishing of reports using Tableau.
- Ability to write scripts using Python, Java for task automation and data consolidation will be a big plus.
- Understanding of data management processes such as data governance, data security, automation will be a plus.
- Understanding of the Payments and Banking Industry will be a plus.
- Good communication and presentation skills with ability to interact with different cross-functional team members at varying level.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification
- Hands on experience in tools used for Agile/Scrum/DevOps such as JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, GitHub.
- Expertise in dashboard and report development using visualization tools such as Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Experience in writing efficient SQL queries and Python, Java scripts.
- Good appreciation of container platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Good appreciation of networking principles and protocols
- Technical background in data management systems development and operations.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Knowledge of data governance practices and data security will be a plus.
- Very strong people/technology project management skills and experience
Business and Leadership competencies
- Results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Good business acumen with a track record in solving business problems through data-driven quantitative methodologies. Experience in payment, retail banking, or retail merchant industries is preferred.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible.
- Detail oriented to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis.
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders whilst tailoring data-driven results to various audience levels.
- Exhibits intellectual curiosity and a desire for continuous learning.
- Demonstrates integrity, maturity, and a constructive approach to business challenges.
- Role model for the organization and implementing core Visa Values
- Respect for the Individuals at all levels in the workplace
- Strive for Excellence and extraordinary results.
- Use sound insights and judgments to make informed decisions in line with business strategy and needs.
- Ability to influence senior management within and outside Analytics groups.
- Ability to successfully persuade/influence internal stakeholders for building best-in-class solutions.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.