Senior CI/CD Engineer - 1 year contract
- Salary Type: Hourly
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What a Senior CI/CD Engineer does at Visa
The Senior CI/CD Engineer is also known as a Senior Platform Engineer here at Visa. They areresponsible for a fit for purpose platform that delights our customers by focusing on shortening feedback loops in our delivery pipeline, removing the barriers to Continuous Delivery, and providing a great developer experience for teams running robust applications in production.
With a mindset of "Own it, Build it, Run it" the Senior Platform Engineer provides operational support to our platform systems, people and processes which can include rostered support, maintenance, and production change management. This role is also responsible for reduction of operational toil through automation so that the team can focus on bringing the greatest platform leverage to our customers instead of toiling through repetitive manual tasks.
The Continuous Delivery Technologies team optimizes end-to-end delivery flow by improving our delivery pipeline cycle-time for our engineering teams.
Why this is important to Visa
Creating a fit for purpose platform is a key enabler for our technology strategy. Our goal is to reduce the everyday friction that our wider engineering teams face in building and delivering great products for Visa's customers while also building in the necessarily capabilities to enable rapid, secure development.
What you’ll be doing
- Improving the security posture of the systems and processes we own.
- Help improve and scale our CI pipeline, making build and testing faster and providing fast feedback to our engineers.
- Contribute to our culture of Continuous Improvement by helping to improve our team processes and technical practices.
- Write maintainable code and tests, iterating and incorporating feedback from peers.
- Production deployment operations with a mindset of reducing toil and making your life easier.
- Continuous focus on engineering excellence by contributing to the foundational good of their domain and engineering overall, defining patterns and canonical examples, plus working to reduce technical debt.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time, based on business needs.
What you’ll bring to the team
- Great communication skills and a willingness to collaborate.
- Willingness to adopt a customer mindset in providing mission critical services and products to a diverse group of internal customers.
- Security awareness and experience to help with making our tools/systems secure.
- An interest in learning new technologies and approaches as we evolve towards CD and Cloud based services in our platform.
- Experience in application production operations, application deployments, application monitoring.
- Leadership qualities and experience to coach and mentor less experienced engineers.
- A bias towards system thinking; the ability to keep an open mind and to be influenced by others.
What will also help
- Experience with enterprise distributed systems and SaaS applications.
- Continuous Integration tools and patterns.
- Software delivery in regulated compliance focused environments.
- Building and running internal platforms with a Product Led mindset.
- Implementation of greenfield projects and evolution of legacy systems and processes.
- Troubleshooting & performance optimization experience, especially on production systems.
- Exposure to PCI requirements and control management.
What’s in it for you?
Join the Visa team
- The Auckland office is a home to 350+ technologists and product savvy teams.
- Over 25 engineering teams with Visa NZ.
- Hybrid & Flexible working options.
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career, locally and globally.
- Advocating career growth and development for Visa Women Employees.
- Visa workforce is 42% females globally.
- 9000 technologists working from 18 sites globally.
- 60% of our global workforce is in technology, risk, cyber security and product.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.