Internal Communication & Engagement Manager
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In 2021 Currencycloud was acquired by Visa; we are somewhere where innovative thinking and the power of technology know no limits. We know that the success of the business depends on the people who keep it moving, which is why we are looking for exceptional talent to join our international payments revolution.
We are open & collaborative, living and breathing our company values:
Be Human, Better Together and Own it.
The primary purpose of this role is to co-ordinate, plan and produce the internal communications and engagement for Visa Treasury as a Service, which includes Currencycloud, to create an environment of shared understanding. The aim of the Internal Communications & Engagement Manager is to enable colleagues to feel informed and connected with the work we do so we can successfully provide vital support to our clients across the world.
- Work with the Head of Communications, the People team and the Chief of Staff to establish an internal communications and engagement strategy
- Ensure organisational initiatives, projects, business goals and people news are communicated effectively to employees and stakeholders and in line with our values
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin. You may also be required to work on the layout of content
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative team to bring our messaging to life
- Use social media to communicate with staff internally
- Deliver presentations at organisational events, such as the company’s Townhall
- Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organisation
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Measuring employee engagement
- Working with internal groups such as our D&I, Bl@CC groups and others, to nurture and support their ongoing success
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation
- Advise senior executives of developments throughout the organisation, either face to face or through regular written communication
We also believe in providing our employees with ample opportunities for growth and development, so you'll have access to comprehensive learning and development resources as well as leadership training that will help you achieve your career goals.
You can see more about Currencycloud here.
- Writing skills: you need excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees
- Speaking skills: you will need strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff. Internal communications managers need sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employee
- Experience in delivering events both virtually and in-person
- Interpersonal skills: you need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with communications and HR departments. You also need to possess the confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative skills: you need the creative ability to devise communication strategies
- Digital skills: familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication, is essential.
- Strong organisational skills
- Flexible and creative attitude to problem solving with the ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- Be motivated and able to work alone, as well as part of a team – we are a remote-first company
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.