Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Executive Assistant role provides direct administrative support to leadership members of the Visa Ventures and Global Corporate Development teams. These executives are currently located in Washington DC, and London, England, so managing multiple calendars and agendas will be critical. This position handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature and requires a broad working knowledge of departmental and company policies and practices. The successful candidate must possess the ability to stay several steps ahead and anticipate the needs of extremely busy senior executives. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in being an Executive Assistant and who will serve as an ambassador for Visa and our team.
- Actively managing the calendars and contacts of the Senior Staff. In addition to scheduling meetings, this means anticipating and prioritizing scheduling needs based on deadlines and deliverables. This will require coordination with leaders and other key stakeholders both internally and external to the Ventures and Corporate Development group
- Understand organization and how to "get things done." This role will require complex scheduling of meetings with participants inside and outside Visa and will require effective coordination with leaders and other EAs to make the meetings happen, or be rescheduled as the case may be
- Communicate pro-actively with executives, anticipate conflicts and work to understand priorities as they change. Prepare "week ahead," and "day ahead" briefings
- Updating Ventures and Corporate Development deal pipeline software with key facts and figures drawn from emails and PDFs.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other EA’s to create seamless office operations in ways that strengthen relationships. Effective in-person, phone & email presence
- Coordinate complex domestic and international travel requirements (itineraries, visas, logistics, etc.)
- Prepare expense reports using Visa’s software (SAP Concur)
- Support key team initiatives, playing a part as a project coordinator. Duties may include: support with expanded staff meetings, meeting logistics (both internal and external), presentations, management of shared team information and resources on intranet/portals
- Prepare documents in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook especially) is a must.
- Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator as the first contact for the executive and others in the department.
- On occasion and where possible, respond to incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently.
- Manage the day-to-day workflow as well as possess confidence and strong communication skills to interface with all levels of staff.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees and outside companies. May include interfacing with C-level executives and Board Members and their teams both at Visa and external companies.
- Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator as the first contact for the Executive Leader.
- Effectively and successfully respond to problem situations and prioritize issues with a thoughtful and positive mindset
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree
• Solid executive assistant/coordination experience
• Advanced experience in administrative support at an international level, dealing with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
• Demonstrates excellent leadership and professional presence with a confident and approachable personality
• Capable of working with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of sensitive and confidential information
• Strong communication (written and verbal), detail-oriented, highly organized and ability to work across functions with executives (both internal & external)
• Intrinsically-motivated, highly organized and results-oriented. Able to work with little to no supervision. Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, teamwork, maturity under pressure, and can anticipate and resolve problems before they escalate
• History of creative problem solving, analytical skills, ability to work well collaboratively and under pressure
• Experience creating and/or supporting presentations for senior management
• Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
• Highly proficient in organizing worldwide travel
• Detail-oriented and ability to complete work assignments with a high degree of quality
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and assist multiple team members at the same time
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 62,100.00 to 79,200.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.