Sr. SDET or Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
“Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.” including OPT and H4 EAD.
Visa Risk Solutions team is responsible designing, enhance and building transactions Fraud detection engine in an Agile development environment. Our mission is to reduce risk though enhanced customer authorization, risk monitoring and fraud analytics, and improved data security to provide a secure experience across all form factors.
In this role you will play a critical part in designing and implementing test solutions across all testing phases, establishing, and following quality standards to deliver high quality releases. It’s an opportunity to learn, lead and work on new technologies.
- Work on REST based components testing, backend, DB and micro services testing.
- Develop API and UI functional, automation, performance, and security testing along with familiarity of industry wide tools such as RestAssured, SOAP, Mocha, Cypress, Selenium, etc.
- Work on Java based automation framework, designing, and building tools/utilities, test data management and improving overall testing effectiveness.
- Write and execute detailed test plans, test design & test cases covering feature, integration, regression, certification, system level testing as well as release validation in production.
- Write and execute detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Perform debugging and troubleshooting in Linux/Unix/Container based application servers such as Tomcat, VertX, WebSphere, Docker, Kubernetes environments.
- Provide guidance and leadership to junior team members as required.
- Test in an AGILE environment and migration, DB and infrastructure/system upgrades.
- Work in Continuous Integration, Code/Test coverage and working in different testing methodologies.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 2-3 years of experience in coding and testing applications
- Hands on experience in test planning, test scenarios creation, test data creation and executing test cases as well as preparing test data based on the business scenarios and creating tools and scripts to manufacture test data
- Ability to understand complex enterprise level systems, various integration points, decent understanding of all networking layers, good understanding of software development lifecycle and processes
- Experience working with UI/UX automation with Selenium, multi-browser testing
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, TestNg & other tools.
- Experience with Cassandra/ solr/ nosql experience is a plus.
- Experience with unit testing, test-driven development, security and performance testing.
- Working experience debugging and troubleshooting in Linux/Unix/ container
- Experience testing in an AGILE environment
- Exposure to testing environment migration, DB and infrastructure/system upgrades is a plus
- Strong communication and sense of ownership and driver-ship
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast paced but high-quality delivery model.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 90,400.00 to 115,200.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.