Staff Software Engineer Backend (Java, Kafka)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This role will be working in the NRTDS (Near Real Time Delivery System) team. Come make an immediate impact as we ramp up to tackle a new set of fun and fulfilling challenges. We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and expertise in Java, Kubernetes and/or Kafka. We are a backend team that leverages our engineers’ skillsets to put them in a position to succeed. The candidate will be involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development, and testing.
- You will lead and mentor teams of dev and test engineers to build great new products.
- You will understand a complex set of highly advance technologies that are used to provide real time streaming solution at millions of transactions per second, in real time.
- You’ll help our customers achieve their real goals by understanding their requirements and how they respond to their business needs.
- You’ll use technologies that include Java, Kubernetes, Flink, Vert.x, Kafka, and more.
- You will analyze business requirements and architect a solutions that are robust and scalable along with providing technical documentation of solution.
- You’ll leverage new technologies to build the next generation of transactional systems.
- You’ll develop and deliver new features every few days and be responsible for them end-end
- Your day is filled with absorbing, learning and mastering new technologies and frameworks.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs. We are not offer visa sponsorship for this position.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 8+ years of relevant work experience
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Great Troubleshooting Skills. Most love to get your hands dirty, and problem solve
- Great customer interaction skills. Comfortable working with customers directly on requirements and problem resolution
- Expertise of Core Java, JEE technologies, REST and container-based technologies. (Kubernetes)
- Experience in application development frameworks like Vert.x, Spring etc and have knowledge of Asynchronous programming
- You understand Security requirements and standards, and contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies
- Experience in security domain with authentication, authorization and building secure gateway
- You have experience architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 117,700.00 to 153,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.