Senior Systems Engineer - Container Infrastructure (Kubernetes)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
As a member of the System Administration team, you are responsible for applying skills and exercising knowledge to perform specified support functions. As part of the team -You will support critical applications and ensure the stability of services by performing dedicated maintenance activities. You engage in automation activities, perform root cause analysis (RCA), and remediation. Knowledge of production support process including incident/change/problem management, call triaging, and critical issue resolution procedures.
Infrastructure Operations and Production Support of container technologies and orchestration platforms.
Docker/Kubernetes deployment, configuration, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
Hardening, securing the Kubernetes cluster with monitoring and auditing dashboards.
Strong technical analytical and troubleshooting skills and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide guidance to staff.
Proficient to expert scripting and automation skills converting manual and maintenance functions into fully orchestrated automation.
Strong Knowledge & experience in system monitoring techniques and tools supporting unattended operations.
Ability to operate in complex, highly secure, and highly available, operations environments and interact with the technology domain experts required to maintain those environments.
Responsible for partnering with the Platform, Engineering and Delivery Teams to deliver seamless infrastructure support for all Visa business lines.
Security Remediation process (vulnerability assessment and patch management).
Contribute to standardize and document operational procedures.
Responsible for adherence of established ITIL practice such as Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience and a Bachelors degree, OR 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Five years of directly related experience.
- At least 1 year hands-on experience with On-Prem container Infrastructure – Mirantis Kubernetes-MKE, Openshift, Kubernetes preferred
- 1 years of Linux Systems Administration skills
- 2 years of Scripting experience (Shell, Python ,Ansible , Terraform and YAML packages)
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, terraform etc.) is must
- Working with tools surrounding the Kubernetes ecosystem such as helm, kubeadm, CSI, CNI etc.
- Experience with CI/CD or GitOps pipeline Architecture ( i.e., ArgoCD, CodeFresh, Jenkins )
- Knowledge in infrastructure technologies such as HP and DELL hardware (Rack servers)
- Working knowledge of monitoring and logging tools: Prometheus, Graphana, Fluentbit ,Netcool, Humio
- Good to have experience with Microservices based applications traffic routing ( i.e., Istio ServiceMesh )
- Deep understanding of networking concepts
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills. Coaching other members of the support team, sharing technical and customer knowledge in a helpful and timely fashion
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 100,200.00 to 127,800.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.