Visa Returnship Program 2023 - Software Test Engineer Returner_Automation / SDET
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions, and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable, and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Are you looking to return from a career break? "Visa Returnship Program 2023" is a Visa initiative designed to support women looking to re-enter the workforce post career break by offering them on-the-job training and returnship. Paid returnship program will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests and abilities and could lead to a full-time employment
As a Software Test Engineer Returner, you will play a key role in ensuring stable and quality of your program releases in Visa.
In this mission critical role, you have an opportunity to design and implement testing solutions resulting in continuous deployment of new features and services to production, which is highly performant, scalable, secure, and reliable.
- Responsible for testing, validation, documentation, and reporting of bugs in the software systems.
- Design, create, execute, and report on functional tests against multiple systems through automated test cases.
- Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs.
- Create systems and testing documentation per department standards.
- Follow standards in testing to ensure compliance with Audit Requirements.
- Follow Quality Control processes according to the Industry Standard practices.
- Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
- Identify and document software defects in a clear manner and retest using corrected code to resolve the issue in a timely manner.
- Design and develop test automation frameworks for both web-based user interfaces and backend batch processes.
- Build test data generation tools and scripts.
- With hands on scripting abilities, build scripts for automating repeated manual processes that may be part of software development lifecycle.
- Identify and troubleshoot system issues working with development and support as required.
- Design, document, and track test cases.
- Test Framework Development is preferable
- Ability to work on E2E automation to test various workflows of the software system
- Previous experience in Functional, Integration, component level testing would be good.
- Keep accurate and timely records of project status in tracking systems.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, integrity, and teamwork.
- Work with business representatives, implementation teams, support teams and vendors to ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of testing deliverables.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a globally distributed team.
- Work non-standard work schedule as needed in support of global clients in all time zones.
- Communicate directly and effectively with external clients, including providing written summaries of project status.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced agile delivery model.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in automation development, application analysis/design, development, testing and business system analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited, to Java, Python
- Knowledge and experience in functional/regression test automation with such tools as Cucumber, Selenium, Python, Java, Robot, etc.
- Knowledge of performance and load testing tools such as LoadRunner and JMeter
- Strong technical testers with exposure working in large enterprise class applications.
- Good exploratory testing skills by understanding related domain, architecture, and requirements.
- Should be passionate about quality engineering and has keen eye on continuous improvement across process, product, technology.
- Should always strive to raise the bar higher on quality to identify every opportunity to improvise the overall quality engineering process.
- Working knowledge in API automation. Should be able to develop and enhance automations (Java, Junit/TestNg)
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting issues in Linux/Win environments.
Ability to work with multiple stakeholders with proactive and strong communication skills.
- Exposure to of kubernetes/ docker microservice is a plus
- Experience in Cloud testing is nice to have
- Knowledge of source control, build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven and Git.
- Knowledge of database query tools and able to write and run complex queries in MySQL and SQL databases for data validation.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way.
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be able to work independently or in a team environment.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Paid Returnship Program with on-the-job training for woman looking to come back after a career break. Post returnship could lead to a full-time employment.
4 – 8 years of experience with career break of at least 18 months.