Visa Returnship Program 2023 - Software Engineer Returner_Full stack Java / J2EE
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Are you looking to return from a career break? "Visa Returnship Program 2023" is a Visa initiative designed to support women looking to re-enter the workforce post career break by offering them on-the-job training and returnship. Paid Returnship Program will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests and abilities and could lead to a full-time employment.
Are you passionate in building world class B2B solution serving 6 markets, 50+ countries fueling growth? Visa is seeking a Software Engineer Returner as a full stack Java/J2EE developer for its Tech organization.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Design, develop and support application releases in a DevOps setup using Agile methodology
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Contribute to development of product innovation
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 4 - 8 years of experience in designing, development and supporting web application
- Proficient in Java/J2EE technologies and frameworks like Spring, Sprint MVC, JPA, Hibernate for scalable, distributed services
- Database querying and table modeling skills
- Experience in code review and automated testing at unit, integration and system levels
- Experience in setting up continuous integration and deployment pipeline
- Experience in software configuration management for automated build, test and deployment (GIT, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins)
- Experience in monitoring and support of production applications to ensure high availability
- Strong focus on customer experience, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good to have experience in web and application server configuration
- Good to have knowledge in set up of security certificates, user authentication with federated authentication standards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Paid Returnship Program with on-the-job training for woman looking to come back after a career break. Post returnship could lead to a full-time employment.
4 – 8 years of experience with career break of at least 18 months.