Software Engineer (Associate)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Cybersource a Visa company is a global leader in e-Commerce Payment Management. As part of Cybersource's continued growth and expansion, we are looking for talented, articulate and bright individuals who want to make a difference.
Cybersource has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Cybersource offers a full-service payment management platform for e-commerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems. The Belfast centre has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of Cybersource worldwide.
As a Software Engineer within Cybersource you will become involved in the creation and implementation of the entire product development life cycle for our global product offerings. Working with cutting edge technologies you will position yourself within the hub of our development team and challenge your technical skills to become a key player in Cybersource’s innovation within the payment management arena.
Within this role you will:
Develop the next generation of Cybersource’s enterprise class solutions for our global client base
Gain firsthand exposure to the multiple facets of the software development lifecycle
Have the opportunity to work across different product lanes gaining an insight and appreciation into software engineering practices, technologies and product complexities
Work within an agile environment who embraces test driven development, continuous integration and engineering best practices.
Grow your knowledge and understanding of software engineering through Cybersource’s progressive technical community
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelors degree, OR relevant work experience
- A strong academic record having achieved or expect to receive a 2:1 or above in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related field
- Strong coding ability within Object oriented languages such as Java, C# or C++
- An undeniable passion for the software engineering discipline, examples of work you have completed outside of the core curriculum is a plus
- A strong desire to understand and leverage new tools and technologies and evolve their learning of the discipline
- Analytical abilities, including the ability to translate and communicate technical requirements
- Strong communication skills and welcomes the opportunity to collaborate in a tight knit, agile team-oriented group
- Commercial experience within a product development environment