Senior Manager, IT Service Management
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a group within CIT (Corporate IT) that champions the technology needs of Visa staff around the world. Service Managers work with technology teams and business partners to co-create value across the organization through delivery and optimization of IT Services.
The role encompasses providing support for the Operational Readiness of over 50 annual CIT projects, overseeing 200 annual CIT communications, managing diverse business improvement activities/relationships, handling urgent CIT escalations, and driving numerous Service Improvements. With a primary focus on Relationship Management, this position strives to support business process owners in achieving their improvement objectives, with the goal of simplifying the work and tools utilized within our organization. The role ensures alignment with our team’s mission to deliver exceptional quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of services to our users and business functions.
This role requires strong leadership and collaboration with peers to ensure smooth operations and enhance employee satisfaction. Leading a team of IT Service Managers dedicated to delivering exceptional technology services, the incumbent must maintain a thorough understanding of the overall ITSM workload. They will coordinate with other ITSM leaders to maintain team motivation, adaptability, and workload balance. The leader will optimize the team's ROI by providing a comprehensive suite of ITSM Services and promptly adjusting services to meet evolving needs.
IT Service Managers drive service excellence by providing holistic oversight across delivery towers. They are inherently self-starters and problem solvers. The organization looks to us to simplify, optimize, automate, and promote visibility to maximize the value of IT services. This is accomplished by:
- Utilizing exceptional interpersonal skills
- Expert understanding of organizational dynamics
- Promoting a service culture
- Continuous reassessment of business needs to optimize services
- Building strong strategic partnerships throughout the organization
- Facilitate transparency, clear communication, and collaboration
- Managing services throughout the entire lifecycle
- Influencing decisions as a customer advocate
- Creating and optimizing sustainable processes
To achieve success, the incumbent will extensively collaborate, employ diplomacy, and exhibit exceptional reporting and communication skills. Monthly reports will showcase progress towards goals, identify risks, and outline milestones necessary for success. The incumbent will utilize disciplined ITIL approaches to maximize progress, ensure stakeholders comprehend the next steps and milestones, regularly update critical Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and cultivate healthy relationships between CIT teams and the business.
Continuous improvement of Relationship Management tools and strategy is a top priority, accompanied by effective advocacy for the service's success. Success will be monitored, measured, and communicated through monthly updates to senior leadership.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Strong ideation and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented with a continuous improvement mindset
- Coachable and positive attitude
- Strong and concise communicator, effective listener, and empathetic
- Self-sufficient in admin tasks and effective at prioritizing
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 3+ years of leading a team.
- 3+ years of relationship management.
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- 10-14 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- ITIL Foundation or Intermediate Certification
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent project management certification
- 5-7 years project leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, etc.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 138,500.00 to 180,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.