Director, Business Strategy & Operations
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The CS Business Operations Strategic Initiatives team is responsible for defining and delivering upon Client Services’ key initiatives to meet multi-year objectives and execute on our transformation strategy. This team will work closely with CS executive leadership to identify, prioritize, and execute strategic initiatives that align with the organization's goals and vision. This important work includes operationalizing our approach to client surveys, managing our client feedback processes, and driving governance around our Knowledge Management strategy to ensure content is easily consumable for CS Staff and clients.
The Director, Strategic Initiatives will be critical in helping to drive Client Services’ strategic direction, fostering transformation, and ensuring successful execution of key initiatives to achieve business objectives. The Director will need to influence and build trust across Client Services to effectively provide solutions for complex topics including knowledge management and continuous improvement of the service experience. The selected candidate will execute our Knowledge Management strategy which includes the acquisition, organization, sharing and utilization of content. This individual will work across Client Services to identify knowledge gaps, promote knowledge sharing and ensure that the right knowledge is available at the right time to the right audience.
What You’ll Do, Day-to-Day
- Lead and oversee the execution of strategies including developing project plans, setting goals and objectives, monitoring progress, and ensuring successful implementation (cross-functional and regionally)
- Collaborate with cross-functional and regional teams to implement strategic initiatives, including managing project timelines and reporting
- Enforce governance structure and maintain high level of standards
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of strategic initiatives and adjust as needed
- Analyze data identify trends in client request, opportunities for improvement content development, and areas where the customer experience can be enhanced
- Communicate progress and outcomes of strategic initiatives to key stakeholders
- Establish a feedback loop with cross-functional and regional stakeholders, act as an evangelist for continuous improvement of the client service experience, using client insights, data, and internal verbatims to inform opportunities
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience building trusted relationships with business leaders and a broad group of project team members and stakeholders
- Thinks boldly and explores transformation ideas to improve the client experience
- Responds quickly, innovatively and effectively to changing demands of our clients and overall Visa business
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to improve and enhance established processes deriving insights from and creating a strategy based on client insight, developing and monitoring of KPIs
- Solutions-oriented mindset, with an ability to facilitate the development of creative solutions and embrace change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
- Executive presence, excellent communication, and group presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed team environment, highly collaborative and inclusive working style
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet tight deadlines, drive to achieve goals, and work under pressure in a highly dynamic environment
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- Able to set priorities, influence others, and manage expectations
- Content development and knowledge Management experience
- Client journey mapping experience
- Exhibit advanced planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to and influence change
- Experience with digital payments
- Background in customer experience
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 132,100.00 to 171,700.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.