Product Analyst, Product Management
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone
About the Team
Economies around the globe are moving towards Real Time Payments (RTP), bringing substantial innovation and modernization to payments, alongside open banking and crypto.
There is an increasing demand for the provision of real-time payment services across every region of the world, adding trillions of dollars in payments volume globally on an annual basis. To drive successful adoption, RTP infrastructures are supported by value added services across the entire payments value chain and all use cases – this is where Visa comes in.
You will join the RTP Risk Analytics product team, who design and build state of the art advanced AI products to help Financial Institutions detect and prevent fraud & scams in real-time payments.
The RTP Risk Analytics offering marks a key strategic growth pillar for Visa globally as part of our strategy to address rising market demand to support new and emerging payment flows.
The RTP Risk Analytics product team functions as an incubated start-up, taking ideas through the entire product lifespan from concept to market, all while leveraging Visa’s global infrastructure, technology and experience as a leader in global payments.
If you come from a technology background and are looking to join a start-up culture, have the opportunity to take a product from ideation all the way through to a live service, work with the best-in-field ML experts on contemporary AI methods, all while working directly with clients and keeping a focus on delivery – this is the role for you!
What we expect you to do, day to day:
Support the execution of Proof of Concepts and Product Model build
- Support quarterly planning involving multiple agile teams, considering team capacity & product priorities
- Apply agile methodology practices and continuously look for ways to improve how our product & technology work together (Jira, Jira Align, Mural, etc.)
- Create client facing outputs and POC outcomes documentation.
- Support the design & delivery of impactful user interfaces & demos, by generating wireframes & user stories and communicating requirements to developers
- Research regional payments & fraud landscape and present to wider teams
- Be the product “face” to the client, designing & driving workshops with client empathy in mind
- Support client & data engineering team in transferring client data to secure Visa environment, including planning & communicating data transfer and supporting debugging sessions
Support the client implementation activities
- Support consulting project delivery, including educating & training internal consulting team on the product, supporting workshops, and owning assigned project deliverables
- Support clients’ transition from POC to GA, working with Client Services & operations teams to ensure smooth integration & positive client experience
Manage client pipeline
- Support client engagements, presenting Product overviews and demos to internal and external (client) teams.
- Engage with key client facing colleagues and stakeholders, representing RTP Risk analytics team and products on internal and external (client) calls
- Generate material for client facing conversations
Support value proposition development & commercialization efforts
- Generate product collateral and sales playbooks production, and apply storytelling techniques for effective messaging
- Validate & design potential ideas for roadmaps, applying design thinking to consider customer needs and brainstorming of solutions.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 2 years of experience in a technology or digital payments company
- Proven record of accomplishment of success in fast-paced, agile environments with demanding timelines.
- Knowledge of and interest in digital payments, including peer-to-peer payments, e-commerce, digital marketplaces, and funds disbursements
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall product management methodologies.
- Experience working with development teams & communicating product requirements
- Experience designing customer solutions, and applying design thinking and customer empathy
- Creative, energetic, effective problem solver
- Experience with Jira, Jira Align, Confluence, Mural, and other agile collaboration tools
- Fluency in Spanish (oral and written) preferred
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 100,200.00 to 127,800.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.