Director, Process, Standards, Technology Governance & Vendor Management
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The People (HR) Systems team at Visa is building a new Employee Experience Systems group. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional focused on people technology governance professional to enter at the “ground floor” and shape the future organization. Reporting to the Senior Director, Employee Experience Systems they would be an integral part of establishing our processes, and practices that are put in place to ensure the effective and efficient use of people technology. This encompasses the governance of People technology to ensure they are aligned with the overall strategy and goals of the organization.
- In partnership with the product managers in the People Systems team, overseeing how our People Systems stack is deployed to ensure that they are functioning effectively, effectively and aligned to the organizational strategy
- Document standards and process supporting our People Systems stack to support:
- Vendor selection
- Systems implementation (requirements, testing and deployment)
- Ongoing adoption of our platforms within the organization
- In partnership with our People Technology and vendor management teams,
- Regularly evaluating vendor performance and ensuring that vendors are meeting their obligations and delivering the expected quality of service.
- Identifying and managing potential risks associated with platform providers including risks related to data privacy and security, as well as ensuring that contingency plans are in place in case of vendor failure.
- Ensuring timely renewal of contracts
- Identifying opportunities for optimization within the People Technology stack
- Establish an engagement model with platform providers to deliver ongoing value for SaaS based platform investments
- In partnership with the people systems product team, establish and document standards around data, system integration, user experience and security.
- Development of processes, governance frameworks and associated SOPs supporting the people technology stack.
- Working wit stakeholders in business and technology to develop appropriate governance objectives
- Achieving program goals by collaborating with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including product teams, technology subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and senior leadership
• 10 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 5 or more
years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2
years of work experience with a PhD
•12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of
experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years
of work experience with a PhD
• Proficient in all phases of the Application Development Lifecycle
• Strong project management skills
• Developing course of action recommendations based on data analysis,
business judgement, and available information
• Working knowledge of governance frameworks, measuring progress, and
generation of objectives based on needs of the business
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically
• Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence
across organizational boundaries through excellent analytical and problem-
• Ability to influence and steer a wide range of stakeholders while bringing
together and working with a team of people with varied backgrounds -
business analysts, technical experts, process owners
• Experience working in large/global corporate environments
• Successful track record leading delivery of complex, multi-faceted initiatives,
• Excellent written and communication skills, able to present to executive
management, able to communicate complex security and technology
concepts to non-technical staff
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 110,800.00 to 144,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.